U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2008, 10:59 AM

24 posts, read 77,190 times

Advertisements

Anyone remember Hot Dog Haven that was at Culebra and Bandera? Does anyone have any pictures of this place?

Old 03-13-2008, 12:04 PM

361 posts, read 821,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManOnBass View Post
Anyone remember Hot Dog Haven that was at Culebra and Bandera? Does anyone have any pictures of this place?

I remember one being at Ingram and Callaghan.

There used to be a convenience store across the street from Holmes before the gas station at the corner was built that I used to visit almost every day. Now it's a Mexican restaurant. Then not far there was a Burger King on Ingram not far from Devil's Den where my friends and I used to hang out. It too is now a Mexican restaurant.

I miss when Furniture Row was Toys R Us, Best, and other stores besides furniture.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,432 times
Default I'm a member there right now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
Central Baptist, 1226 South Presa.

I'm the pastor of Central Baptist Church... I came across this post through google and thought that you might want to know that we are still here... Here is our website... [url=http://www.freewebs.com/centralbaptistchurch/]Central Baptist Church | Spreading The Good News of Jesus Christ One Cup of Coffee at a Time![/url]

Old 03-13-2008, 06:39 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,070,386 times
Yes but I think the train was in Hipp's Bubble room.. Poorboy pantry was at those two locations if I remember right and it was the first place I played PONG. I went to a lot of Bars I shouldn't probably gone to. Corn Shack, Long neck, Wildfire, Danny's, Golden Stallion, Farmers Daughter , Crazy Darreles, lots more I can't think of..Some of my friends are gone now..I am sorry. But there were a lot of good times

Old 03-13-2008, 11:12 PM

92 posts, read 256,779 times
Dwangle-Hipps and or Little Hipps had xmas lights year round and the train on the bar that delivered drinks. The Poorboy Pantry had the train going around the ceiling perimeter at the San Pedro shop. I too went to a lot of Bars and ice houses that I should not have. I can't remember the names. Bar hopping was a great pastime. Have a beer move on. Have a beer move on. file:///c:/windows/TEMP/moz-screenshot-1.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-14-2008, 10:46 AM

92 posts, read 256,779 times
Little Hipps- (1965) had a live pet rattlesnake in an aquarium and fed the snake live mice for the patrons entertainment.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:32 PM

3,606 posts, read 9,255,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorfred View Post
I'm the pastor of Central Baptist Church... I came across this post through google and thought that you might want to know that we are still here... Here is our website... Central Baptist Church | Spreading The Good News of Jesus Christ One Cup of Coffee at a Time!
Glad to hear from you Pastor! I used to really enjoy the music ministry that Hal Swiggett brought to the area. It was hosted by various churches as was at Central Baptist a number of times. Fond memories of the groups that performed on those nights.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:17 PM

I don't remember the train at the San Pedro Poorboy Pantry. I used to get pizza or sandwiches there all the time but I just don't remember it

Old 03-14-2008, 05:52 PM

I have to tell you that my Great Uncle was the pastor at OUR LADY OF SORROWS for a lot of years. I used to go there when I lived in that area

Old 03-15-2008, 12:38 AM

I remember an article in Parade magazine years ago..back in the sixties. It was an interview with Sid Cesear..the comedian. They asked him about his favorite food and he said that there was nothing in the world like a good hot dog. I thought that was a totally crazy answer because I didn't really like hot dogs that much. Then one spring my mom and dad had to run the hot dog stand at the school festival. That was the first time I tasted a really good hot dog. I know what he means now and I agree with him. But it is really hard to find a good hot dog. There is a hot dog place across from Churchill High school that has really good hot dogs. I am telling everyone this so maybe they will go check it out and the guy won't go out of business. I have nothing to gain by this. I just go there when I have to take a friend to see her shrink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or