Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 06:50 AM

24 posts, read 59,932 times

Advertisements

What schools did yall go to?

elementary - Kate Schenck
junior high - Rogers
senior high - Highlands

ALL ON THE SOUTHSIDE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by scythempress; 07-13-2008 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: forgot part

Old 07-13-2008, 08:15 AM

24 posts, read 59,932 times
What happened to the First Mate that was right in front of that Winns? There was also the Ruth Ellis dance studio and Sommers at the other end!

Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 AM

181 posts, read 642,609 times
Elementary - Woodlake Elem.
Junior High - Kirby
High School - 2 years at Judson, then moved to Houston

Old 07-13-2008, 10:17 AM

905 posts, read 2,958,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythempress View Post

junior high - Rogers
senior high - Highlands

elementary - Highland Hills
junior high - Rogers
senior high - Highlands '75!

Old 07-13-2008, 10:33 AM

469 posts, read 1,155,300 times
I also went to Kate Schenck (K thru 3rd grade and 5th) and Rogers for one year (homeschooled after the first year) small world!

Quote:

junior high - Rogers
senior high - Highlands

Old 07-13-2008, 03:02 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,543,835 times
Does anybody know if the Hertzbergs Circus Collection is still open?

Old 07-13-2008, 06:39 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,431,087 times
Been awhile since Hertzberg closed, i know some of the things were sent to the Witte.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:40 PM

141 posts, read 508,281 times
Quote:

junior high - Rogers
senior high - Highlands

elementary: st. thomas moore, harmony hills
middle school: eishenhower
high school: churchill, class of '96

Old 07-13-2008, 06:47 PM

pacific_trader, rayzr77 you folks brought back some GREAT memories of Windsor Park Mall...man, i used to spend so much money at aladdin's and luca's and the theater. when my folks divorced, my dad would take me to two movies on saturday afternoon and i saw some great flicks...i even remember watching RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and POPEYE when they came out, and then other great 80's and 90's gems like TWINS, WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S I and II, ROBOCOP, and RED DAWN...and countless others. man, i miss that mall, but it had some great memories. oh, and i too spent the better part of the late 80's in the Walzem area too, as my dad lived (and still does) in Camelot. i went to that Diversions in the summer, went to baskin robins for a treat with part of my allowence and my babysitter at the time even let me watch TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE after it was rented at a rental store near luby's and baskin robin's. spent many summer days at the Camelot swimming pool and doing many a cannonball! thanks for bringing back those memories guys, as well as a thanks to the rest of the board...i realized that it has been a year since i joined the board and always read this thread as often as possible.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific_trader View Post
Man, Rayzr77 it's like you and I have the exact same memories. Strange how a place can have that effect on you. My mom used to always drop us off at the underground parking garage, me and my friends would either get Arby's or Luca's Pizza, go to the movies, blow money at the book/comic store, hang out in Toy Box or Montgomery Wards toy department, or get some burgers at Chelsey's Pub (if we were with our folks!).

I still have some old Ninja Magazines and Black Belt Magazines I bought at that mall, and some cool reflective Ninja stickers I bought in the machine at Aladdin's Castle. We played games there alot, but across the street was the REAL action. Diversion's Gameroom was awesome, but I dropped most of my money at that Dungeons Comic shop over there.

But strangely, some of my best memories of Walzem are from the Albertson's near the school. I'd go there with my mom and while she shopped I'd get a bunch of magazines or rent some new VHS releases. There used to be a Mrs. Bairds bakery across the street from there, we used to get tons of those little apple and cherry pies.

I was back in SA two weeks ago, so of course I hit Bill Miller's on Walzem to see how it had changed. It's so sad that WPM and Target are gone, but hopefully the area has stabilized and won't get any more ghetto.
i used to buy those blackbelt mags too! i remember the big resurgence of martial arts in the 80's, probably due to KARATE KID, i'm not sure...but i also spent WAY too much time at not only Waldenbooks and B.Dalton but the dungeon, comicquest (before it became heroes and fantasy) and i too preferred Albertsons to HEB video, but then their collection got pretty big and my dad and i would shop at the HEB on austin hwy and go to their Video Central (i found some old rental guides recently...) and get some cool obscure horror flicks and some new titles...if we could get our hands on them, cuz like stated, there were only like 2 copies of the new stuff and you had better get there RIGHT AFTER work to get the good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio