U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Canyon Lake & northern VA
285 posts, read 438,546 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Who remembers ----- when there were people on this forum?
I think all of us posting ARE people. Am I missing something?

Lori

 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Canyon Lake & northern VA
285 posts, read 438,546 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Denmark!! WoW!! That's gettin' out there. It' nice up around Kerrville way. One r or two can't remember. If I had Plenty money I'd get out in the boonies somewhere. But, I'd probably not get out of San Antonio range. My two boys are in Valencia , California. Coming to visit for a week in about two weeks. To save money this time they're going to fly in and out of Austin. I'll have to go get them of course. Haven't been to Austin in many years. Wife's brother went to UT Austin.
That daughter and family will always be out of country due to her husband's job. It was hard BEFORE our grandchild was born (in Germany) but even harder now especially with K2 arriving soon.

Kerrville is on our list. We want some acreage and don't want to be in the city. The boonies describes it pretty well!

Austin airport isn't bad. I usually fly in there because it tends to be cheaper than flying into San Antonio from DC.

Lori
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
 
Location: S.A., Texas ~ Home of the HUD secretary farm~
98,042 posts, read 24,537,249 times
Reputation: 133203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Virginia View Post
I think all of us posting ARE people. Am I missing something?

Lori
Just meant no one has posted lately.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:37 PM
 
Location: S.A., Texas ~ Home of the HUD secretary farm~
98,042 posts, read 24,537,249 times
Reputation: 133203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Virginia View Post
That daughter and family will always be out of country due to her husband's job. It was hard BEFORE our grandchild was born (in Germany) but even harder now especially with K2 arriving soon.

Kerrville is on our list. We want some acreage and don't want to be in the city. The boonies describes it pretty well!

Austin airport isn't bad. I usually fly in there because it tends to be cheaper than flying into San Antonio from DC.

Lori
Must save them quite a bit or they probably would have come in here directly as usual. I have no idea where Austin's airport is . I'll have to look it up pretty soon. My wife has an e-mail buddy in Germany. They exchange gifts frequently. Odd stuff in other countries. Kerrville , Comfort , San Marcos and New Braunfels any of which could be good place.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 PM
 
Location: S.A., Texas ~ Home of the HUD secretary farm~
98,042 posts, read 24,537,249 times
Reputation: 133203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Virginia View Post
I think all of us posting ARE people. Am I missing something?

Lori
Do you remember a Dairy Queen on Military in front of Lackland or Kelly ? Or maybe it's across from the Security bldg. East of Five Palms. Was the swimming pool with palm trees off 410 access road ( n of Medina Base Rd ) open when you were there? See movies at Valley Hi Drive in? How about the Pizza Hut or Pizza Inn on Military Drive about half way between Five Palms and Pearsall Road. Kind of sat on a hill on the southside of Military?
 
Old 07-23-2008, 08:32 PM
 
2,257 posts, read 3,475,499 times
Reputation: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
The Centenos on Commercial ( I believe the first and main store ) was more like a mini mall inside at least towards the end.
I remember that also, loved going to that store.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Canyon Lake & northern VA
285 posts, read 438,546 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Do you remember a Dairy Queen on Military in front of Lackland or Kelly ? Or maybe it's across from the Security bldg. East of Five Palms. Was the swimming pool with palm trees off 410 access road ( n of Medina Base Rd ) open when you were there? See movies at Valley Hi Drive in? How about the Pizza Hut or Pizza Inn on Military Drive about half way between Five Palms and Pearsall Road. Kind of sat on a hill on the southside of Military?
I can't even remember my address from 40 years ago! I do remember going to the movies on base (not sure if it was Kelly or Lackland or wasn't there another one in that area??) for my first date. We saw "To Sir With Love" starring Lulu. I remember my date's name and that he was the reason I went to UT 2 years later and that his college girlfriend introduced me to my husband.

I know I went to "a" drive-in but not sure which one and I love pizza so I might have gone to the one you mentioned.

Okay -- where ARE all the other people???

Lori
 
Old 07-23-2008, 09:44 PM
 
Location: S.A., Texas ~ Home of the HUD secretary farm~
98,042 posts, read 24,537,249 times
Reputation: 133203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I remember that also, loved going to that store.
I thinkthe only times I went to that store was with my brother to get barbecue stuff.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 09:56 PM
 
Location: S.A., Texas ~ Home of the HUD secretary farm~
98,042 posts, read 24,537,249 times
Reputation: 133203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Virginia View Post
I can't even remember my address from 40 years ago! I do remember going to the movies on base (not sure if it was Kelly or Lackland or wasn't there another one in that area??) for my first date. We saw "To Sir With Love" starring Lulu. I remember my date's name and that he was the reason I went to UT 2 years later and that his college girlfriend introduced me to my husband.

I know I went to "a" drive-in but not sure which one and I love pizza so I might have gone to the one you mentioned.

Okay -- where ARE all the other people???

Lori
Other than the ones you mentioned Valley Hi Drive in was at 410 and Medina Base rd. Lackland was at Somerset and Military. About a mile and a half or 2 miles east of Kelly's main gate. Kelly Drive in was actually on the North side of Kelly AFB on Castroville rd. I think. Valley Hi was closest to you and the most likely candidate. The pizza place was a long time ago. It was just odd the way it was perched up on the little hill.
 
Old 07-24-2008, 08:09 AM
 
2,257 posts, read 3,475,499 times
Reputation: 570
I also remember the days when there were handy andy's everywhere, it amazing how quick the store went downhill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top