Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 01:21 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,793,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
it is zarzamora and 90...i live about 2500 feet away

North of the RR tracks then? Didn't they change the location of that Bill Miller's on Zarzamora by about one block several years ago?

Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM

58 posts, read 203,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Remember Buddie's SuperMarket on Commercial? Buddy Cevilitos. Had been there along time. I never went there that often. But at one time they did deer processing. Used their services for that maybe a few times.
I remember Buddie's. I don't think I went there but maybe once or twice.

Do you remember Nan's Food Center on Flores? It later became Country Boys Meat Market. How about Buy Rite on Roosevelt? Cuda's on Flores? (another independently owned grocery store)

Old 07-24-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
it is zarzamora and 90...i live about 2500 feet away
Do you remember Oscar's Fried Chicken? It was on Zarzamora by the railroad tracks.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappear-here View Post
I remember Buddie's. I don't think I went there but maybe once or twice.

Do you remember Nan's Food Center on Flores? It later became Country Boys Meat Market. How about Buy Rite on Roosevelt? Cuda's on Flores? (another independently owned grocery store)
Yes I do! Had forgotten Buy Rite's. Wasn't it next to Pee Wee Hance auto Parts or was it in same building before Pee Wee moved there from Flores? Remember the lumber yard across the street?
Nan's or Nann's I had forgotten also because Country Boy's has been there so long.
Cuda's is going way back for you! I remember when they built it. Late 50's early 60's. Went to school with two of their daughters at McCollum High many years later. My grandparents lived right around the corner on
Koepke st. I went to Kindergarden on Hart St. Right across Flores from Cuda's. In an old lady's house about half way between Flores and Mission Rd.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Do you remember Oscar's Fried Chicken? It was on Zarzamora by the railroad tracks.
Yes, actually did business with the owners through an uncle of mine. Forget which is oscar's the Bldg closest to the tracks or the more of an ice house type in next block. The one closet to the tracks was called the Flame many years ago . Never did find out if it was connected to The Flame Drive in on Military Dr. But always wondered. Two brothers own and operate both those businesses and lived in a house right behind them. Or may have just used the house for an office.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:17 PM

25 posts, read 62,367 times
I know I was not the only one to remember this, but did anyone ever go to a record shop located right next to the Majestic Theatre? I think it was next to it...somewhere around there.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight6662005 View Post
I know I was not the only one to remember this, but did anyone ever go to a record shop located right next to the Majestic Theatre? I think it was next to it...somewhere around there.
I remember the Majestic well from many years ago and the Manhatton. But your probably talking more recently and I couldn't help you there.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:50 PM

55 posts, read 137,903 times
Tidbits from some previous posts: I think the Robert E. Lee Hotel was the first air conditioned building (or hotel) in Texas. The ex mayor (deceased) Becker was running Handy Andy around the time he was mayor. It was still a good place. I think he sold it to Frank Sepulveda, the produce king. Supposedly Frank had too many relatives involved in the store and funny things began to happen. Next you know, the company is obviously heading downhill. Reference a movie house on Lackland AFB, it was called the Tinker theater. Don't know if and when it closed or what took its place.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Yes I do! Had forgotten Buy Rite's. Wasn't it next to Pee Wee Hance auto Parts or was it in same building before Pee Wee moved there from Flores? Remember the lumber yard across the street?
Nan's or Nann's I had forgotten also because Country Boy's has been there so long.
Cuda's is going way back for you! I remember when they built it. Late 50's early 60's. Went to school with two of their daughters at McCollum High many years later. My grandparents lived right around the corner on
Koepke st. I went to Kindergarden on Hart St. Right across Flores from Cuda's. In an old lady's house about half way between Flores and Mission Rd.

The only reason I remember those places is because my grandmother used to go grocery shopping at all of those places. When I stayed with her (on weekends etc) she would drag me around with her. I guess she was used to going to different stores for different things, rather than one stop shopping the way it is now.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 PM

504 posts, read 1,456,847 times
Quote:
Oscars taco House. this is about 75-100ft from my doorstep

Quote:
Yes, actually did business with the owners through an uncle of mine. Forget which is oscar's the Bldg closest to the tracks or the more of an ice house type in next block. The one closet to the tracks was called the Flame many years ago . Never did find out if it was connected to The Flame Drive in on Military Dr. But always wondered. Two brothers own and operate both those businesses and lived in a house right behind them. Or may have just used the house for an office.
almost hit the nail on the head, not related to the flame drive-in though. the garcia's still own and operate the business. sucks that they fired the long time manager, guadalupe. this guy got shot in a robbery about 15 years ago and worked for minimal salary for Oscars for almost 30 years. Guadalupe now works as a busboy at Incredible Pizza...total slap in the face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio