U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,422,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Is this the same people who were at Commercial and Military Drive in 60's and 70's??? Across from Bud Jones restaurant. They were on the corner next to the music store or the music store moved into their old bldg. Isn't Capperelli's the one that was on Rigsby between WW White & 410 in late 80's and 90's?? They (Capperelli's) had the best deep pan Pizza anywhere.
I believe it is, I remember in the mid 90's they had a location on Evers-410 at loehman's village. I asked him if they used to own the places on Military (One across from bud jones, and the second at shoppers city next to the radio shack) and he said yes. The pizza was also so good, as were the calzones.

Anyone remember Conan's pizza here in SA in the 80's they had a location in I think the spot that Colonna's took over in the 90's. I thought they had some great deep dish pizza.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:06 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,164,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Thanks M2 will have to go try it out.
No problem, we just happened to drive by it yesterday and my 11-yr-old pointed it out.

Please let us know how the food is, I hope it is as good as everyone says it is!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-22-2009, 09:57 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,422,341 times
I hope its as good as it used to be, another pizza place i remember well is Pizza Inn. I used to like it more than the hut, I remember one at 35 and Military it was my favorite one.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:13 AM

139 posts, read 420,973 times
Quote:
I believe it is, I remember in the mid 90's they had a location on Evers-410 at loehman's village. I asked him if they used to own the places on Military (One across from bud jones, and the second at shoppers city next to the radio shack) and he said yes. The pizza was also so good, as were the calzones.

Anyone remember Conan's pizza here in SA in the 80's they had a location in I think the spot that Colonna's took over in the 90's. I thought they had some great deep dish pizza.
Loved Conan's Pizza. Great Deep Dish and Cool Frazetta Paintings, of Conan, all over the Wall. Colonna's Had the Best Canadian Bacon, I had ever eaten. HHW

Old 01-23-2009, 09:48 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,186,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwolfman View Post
Loved Conan's Pizza. Great Deep Dish and Cool Frazetta Paintings, of Conan, all over the Wall. Colonna's Had the Best Canadian Bacon, I had ever eaten. HHW

I remember Pac Man Pizza on the corner of Jackson Keller and Blanco.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:45 PM

50 posts, read 147,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudB View Post
Thanks for reminding us of Austin's wisdom back then and again last November. Now if we could just stop them dang carpetbagging Yankees & Californicators from completely paving over and high rising this once beautiful city, I could be almost completely happy. But it's too late here just as it seems to be in San Antonio as big money gets its way as usual and the rest of us be damned. But a good thing has happened in dear old San Antonio. That is the long strip of former Tobin property that has been turned into a rambling park that follows Salado Creek in northeastern SA.
Where is the park ? Where is it accessed?
I'd like to visit next time I'm in SA.
Thanks

Old 01-23-2009, 10:51 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,350,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
I remember Pac Man Pizza on the corner of Jackson Keller and Blanco.
While I never ate there, I remember seeing Pac Man Pizza. My parents used to give a ride to an old lady who lived in the old Hawaiian Themed apartments on Oblate and Jackson Keller. We drove by Pac-Man pizza everty Sunday. I was just in the area two weeks ago, and I think I saw that the location is now some kind of Vietnamese place. I have always wondered if there was some kind of copyright infringement with the name "Pac-Man" pizza.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemoto22 View Post
Yes, Bull Moose was off Blanco and Rector. We used to after Spurs games in the 70's. They served all kinds of exotic game. (some of which I am sure you couldnt serve now) It didnt last long!
Wasn't this actually called the Bull Moose Lodge? I remeber hearing about it when I was young.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemoto22 View Post
I lived in Colonies North in the seventies and the old club you speak of is where a bunch of us kids used to ride our mini-bikes. The swimming pool had a couple old cars down in it. My grandmother told me she had been to the club before it closed. The rumor was that there was only 9 holes or so that was ever played on the course. (rumor)
Yeah, from all the newspaper articles I've read, it was only a nine hole course. But it was only opened for a very short time, I'm talking just a couple of months, before it closed forever.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah I went to Drug Emporium also, remember buying many Spurs and Dallas Cowboys tickets there.
I remember this!!! Before the internet, we would buy our concert tickets at Drug Emporium. They had a black binder with a poor copy of the Alamadome seating chart. You picked your tickets off of the cra&&y little chart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or