Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2007, 05:22 PM

106 posts, read 463,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwolfman View Post
Sorry got to get used to the system. The Burger Place in Question on Pleasanton & Hutchins. Was Skees or Skee Burger. HHW
Wow! I can't believe anybody on here would mention "SkeeBurger!" When I was in middle school we used to drop by and have a "SkeeBurger", though we called it "SlimeBurger." I don't know why because the burgers were fantastic. It's still there (last time I was in town) but under a different name...It's been called BestBurger for the longest time now (same owners still I believe...The lady with the big hair and all the makeup is still behind the counter.)

Old 05-21-2007, 05:23 PM

106 posts, read 463,530 times
Also, Skees was a small convenience store on the corner of Flores and Amber back in the late 80's if I remember correctly.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:27 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,433,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwolfman View Post
Fargos was great. Remember the one on Military Drive had the Up Stairs. Also a Movie room. They showed Three Stooges and Cartoons. Man they had the best Canadian bacon Pizza. Almost as good as Colonial Pizza. Close To Flip side. HHW
Yes many great times at Fargo's, Colonas pizza was at Evers and 410 till about a year ago. He was the son of the owner of the one next to flip side, and the pizza was still good.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:28 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,433,488 times
Also for burgers in sa, Burger Chef was awesome, and of course the old Whopper burger.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:07 PM

14 posts, read 68,288 times
Default Texas State Store

How about ....

Texas State Store - Liquor store meets sporting goods

There was one in Central Park Mall and they sold guns and liquor(actually liquor and sporting goods - my first pair of water ski's came from there)

Don't know why it closed down but I am thinking it was about '81-ish when they closed.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:25 PM

78 posts, read 407,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by super-FISH-ial View Post
How about ....

There was one in Central Park Mall and they sold guns and liquor(actually liquor and sporting goods - my first pair of water ski's came from there)

Don't know why it closed down but I am thinking it was about '81-ish when they closed.
A guns AND booze store?!...aww yeah! That's what I'd call the National Store of Texas.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 AM

139 posts, read 504,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicajun View Post
A guns AND booze store?!...aww yeah! That's what I'd call the National Store of Texas.
How
Yep they used to have ads in the Express and Light News papers.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:30 AM

139 posts, read 504,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaTexan View Post
Wow! I can't believe anybody on here would mention "SkeeBurger!" When I was in middle school we used to drop by and have a "SkeeBurger", though we called it "SlimeBurger." I don't know why because the burgers were fantastic. It's still there (last time I was in town) but under a different name...It's been called BestBurger for the longest time now (same owners still I believe...The lady with the big hair and all the makeup is still behind the counter.)
No Way, That lady is still there??? WE used to eat there and Play Gogor. Pinball. The stroll on over to DQ and Play Ted Nugent Pinball.

Man Pleasenton Rhode had tons of Great Places to eat. Most on one Corner. Greifs, Hals, and the infamous Taco hut. Remember the Bean Cups. A couple of guys that I went to school With ( McCollum 82) Own the Best Mexican restaurant, Don Pedros. When I get off the Plane, every Christmas, My Buds take me there. In the 60s 70s, The family would eat at El Rancho on the South eastside, tell my Mom saw a Rat run outside on the Window Now they are El Tipico, another great place to eat. Ahhh Old Burger Chef. We didn't have much money. So the Jack in the box, was my dads choice. I always had, Small Fries and two small burgers. Mom loved Burger Chef. About once a month she would splurge. These had to be my Favorite fast food burger of all times. We would hit it on the way to Monkey Wards. McCreless Mall had it all. A great Bakery, Nice Book Store and the Great Toy Box. I remember one great Purchase there of a Wolfman Puzzle and a Planet of the Apes Parachute. I still have those to this date. I was born and raised in SA from 1963 through 92. I guess I am an AZ Texan too. I have live here in Tempe AZ for 14 years. I have thousands of Memories of my old haunts in SA and will Keep going down Memory lane, for days to come. HHW

Old 05-22-2007, 11:45 AM

305 posts, read 1,618,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Anyone ever use to go to Lyndy's on Fredericksburg? I found out this bar closed recently.

Yes, I used to go all the time. I loved that place. Too bad it closed.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 AM

305 posts, read 1,618,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by super-FISH-ial View Post
How about ....

I remember that store. I thought Oshman's had bought them out. Or at least the sporting goods side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio