U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 10:47 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,423,443 times

Advertisements

Pictures are always good.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:58 AM

55 posts, read 191,129 times
Default Village Inn

Does anyone have any memories/info on the Village Inn? It apparently was a bar/restaurant located near far north San Pedro back in the late 70's.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:53 AM

5 posts, read 13,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linskie View Post
Does anyone have any memories/info on the Village Inn? It apparently was a bar/restaurant located near far north San Pedro back in the late 70's.
WOW ...I spent way too many night there ...listening to Stardust/The Maxx (The Perone Brothers). It was located in the Hill Country Village center ..just north of 281 and Bitters. I recall the happy drinks ..a 32 0z tumbler of run and coke for $2.25. I moved away to college in the early 80's ..it burned down while I was away.

Also recall in some not-so-enlightened days, cruising the parking lot at Colonies North Mall harassing patron of a bar called the Penny Pub.

Things I miss no longer living in SA, that I thought I never would:

--The greasy hash browns at Bill Miller BBQ
--The sundaes at Jim's Coffee Shops
--Gyros sandwiches at Demo's

Last edited by Apache; 06-18-2007 at 08:27 AM..

Old 06-18-2007, 09:01 AM

139 posts, read 421,062 times
--The greasy hash browns at Bill Miller BBQ

I get them Imported Twice a year:}, and I eat them when I visit on Christmas Eve. Every year on my Birthday Dec 23 My buds pick me up at the Airport and we Head Straight for Don Pedros.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:30 AM

472 posts, read 1,604,973 times
Any old skaters here? Anyone remember Zulu's Skateboards on Perrin Beitel and there was one on Jakson Keller/Vance Jackson.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Haunted in San Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwolfman View Post
Ghost Tracks, Donkey lady bridge, Midget Mansion. Chinese Grave Yard, Insane asylum, Devil Worshipers House. Who remembers these?????
Check the Haunted in San Antonio thread.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:34 PM

159 posts, read 685,130 times
Quote:
Any old skaters here? Anyone remember Zulu's Skateboards on Perrin Beitel and there was one on Jakson Keller/Vance Jackson.
Hell yeah I remember that place! I bought my first board from there HOSOI Hammerhead III. Ive always lived on the northwest side and that trip to Zulu's seemed like we were going to Austin. After my first board I either ordered them from mags or bought them at Bobs Bikes where the NW alamo draft house is located. Remember Team Bruce?? He had a huge tourney out in Live Oak, after my friends and I got to hang out and skate a ditch with Todd Prince and Ken Fellion they were amatures but it was still cool. Do you remember when Rodney Mullen came to North Star Mall, damn he ripped it up inside Dillards. I still cant believe they let him skate in there. I still have my picture of Rodney and I, I was in the 8th grade. Those were the good old days, we use to skate all over dowtown at night and it was a ghost town then, now people are out in the streets all night it seems. Good times, Good times.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceage007 View Post
Hell yeah I remember that place! I bought my first board from there HOSOI Hammerhead III. Ive always lived on the northwest side and that trip to Zulu's seemed like we were going to Austin. After my first board I either ordered them from mags or bought them at Bobs Bikes where the NW alamo draft house is located. Remember Team Bruce?? He had a huge tourney out in Live Oak, after my friends and I got to hang out and skate a ditch with Todd Prince and Ken Fellion they were amatures but it was still cool. Do you remember when Rodney Mullen came to North Star Mall, damn he ripped it up inside Dillards. I still cant believe they let him skate in there. I still have my picture of Rodney and I, I was in the 8th grade. Those were the good old days, we use to skate all over dowtown at night and it was a ghost town then, now people are out in the streets all night it seems. Good times, Good times.

How cool! Yeah I remember my parents taking me to Zulu's which was really like going to Austin since I lived on the Southside. Got my first "real" board there as well, a Mark Gonzalez. I remember a guy named Guy that worked there, super cool dude. I remember this is when skating had its second breath of life. When it was about "thrashin". This was when the Bone Brigade videos just came out.
I remember Team Bruce and a skate jam/contest they had there. I remember some kid ollieing over like 15 boards. And some other contest at a park in Universal City where some kid broke his arm, it was cool. I remember Rodney Mullens coming to town. How funny that he did all those tricks back then that people are just doing now. I was in 8th or 9th frade at the time and did the same thing, skated everywhere.
My friends and I threw a couple of Skate Jams back then at a parking lot behind the Bill Millers on Southcross and Pleasanton with no permission. We had mad ramps and a DJ and people selling food. Those were the days.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:57 PM

4 posts, read 13,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
All I can think of it Spencer's, but that's still there near the food court. Where was this other novelty store located?
This was on the first level.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:43 PM

10,550 posts, read 12,744,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timdunkin2000 View Post
This was on the first level.
Sorry, but you'll need to be more specific. 90% of North Star Mall is on the first level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or