Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2007, 11:08 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,437,451 times

Advertisements

Luca's Pizza actually hung on till the very end and made the transition up to the food court. Diamond J's is still there and very much alive.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:23 PM

159 posts, read 784,696 times
Quote:
I remember referring to 1604 as the “Death Loop”

I remember Carl’s Jr being here. If you really look, you can still find one. And the taste is exactly the way you remember. If you remember it.

Still referring to food, I remember GW Jr’s, Red Line, Rally’s, Puffin Billy’s, and the way Whataburger, (back when everyone pronounced it “waterburger”) used to taste like. Why did they change it!!!!

edit: Oh, and Captain Kangaroo from KABB before she got married and moved away.
I dont remember a Carl's Jr here, the only one here is too far. I do remember Rally's and Puffin Billy's. I think Whataburger and Sonic taste different now is because back in those days they used a little thing called.........meat. I may be wrong on this or were thinking of two different people, but wasnt her name Commander K.O. There was a Commander K.O. who did work on T.V. and quit and got married. Does anyone remember Lisa Burkhart (sp) she did sports on KENS. She work for a while on HBO's Inside the NFL, then came back to SA. I saw her on T.V. one day and she was the manager of the SA airport......not a bad carrer. Im a huge Washington Resdkins fan....always have been. Does anyone remember when the Redskins played the Cowboys in a charity basketball game downtown at Hemisphere Arena in 84 or 85?

Quote:
The big hang out for the Holmes students was the land that was to become Ingram Park Mall.
I live in that area we always called the fields behind Ingram off Ingram Rd.....Devil's Den. Right off Ingram Rd when the low water crossing is (Near Joe's Volcano) there is a concrete structure that has been there forever. Do you know what that was, or what was aroung here?

Old 03-09-2007, 04:16 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,431,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories Galore View Post
They were all closed right before or with the closing of the store itself. (When it sold from Federated to Dillard's in the late '80's).
I was trying to remember when exactly they closed because I remember around 85 and they were no longer there.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:18 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,431,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Luca's Pizza actually hung on till the very end and made the transition up to the food court. Diamond J's is still there and very much alive.
Yeah I remember going to Windsor in the last days when they opened up a flea market in there and Luca's was still in the food court. It was sad because I would say in the whole mall there might have been about 50 to 75 people, and back in the late 70's early 80's it was always packed.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:12 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Was there a restaurant in the Joske's at North Star Mall? Where was it located.

I remember Sears at Central Park had a little restaurant on their lower level.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:50 PM

305 posts, read 1,618,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagirl View Post
I have just finished all 31 pages of posts. I moved from San Antonio 17 years ago right before I graduated from Roosevelt. I used to go to Windsor Park Mall all the time, I even made out with a boyfriend in their back service halls. I literally cried when I learned it was dead. I just said last night I wanted to see if it still had those cheesy water fountains in it. I see from the picures they changed those sometime after 1990. Does anyone remember Luca's pizza? They were across from Aladdin's castle on the lower level of the mall. I am so nostalgic and homesick right now, hearing about Solo Serve (also dead?), Baskin Robbins and Winns I used to walk to those on Walzem road (?) when I lived in Windcrest. I hung out at a teeny bopper pool place called Diamond J's. I took my husband there on our honeymoon in '91 just for fun. I remember Joe Anthony on KISS, I have recordings of his show on tape. There has never been a station comparable in Wichita Falls, I thought I had moved to hell when I was 17. Country hell. Thanks everyone for the walk down memory lane!
They can bury Solo Serve for all I care. A lot of my life I will never get back was lost there while my mom shopped there.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:26 PM

305 posts, read 1,618,051 times
Does Pablo's Grove still exist? Or has it been renamed?

Old 03-10-2007, 12:34 AM

469 posts, read 1,155,300 times
It's been renamed to Camargo Park according to a website I just read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnag View Post
Does Pablo's Grove still exist? Or has it been renamed?

Old 03-10-2007, 12:38 AM

48 posts, read 251,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
These memories are lots of fun, aren't they!

I remember those little paper coupons from the Highland Hills Pharmacy!

I remember Record Rendezvous in McCreless. Did it move to the Dellcrest center? If so, is it the same two guys that were at McCreless, too?

Since you worked at Joske's, do you remember the name of the western themed restaurant that was on the street level?

You seem to have a lot of memories that I have -- which schools did you attend?

I asked my oldest sister if Record Rendezvous was in McCreless Mall and she said yes, before they moved to Dellcrest.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:51 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Does anyone remember the "old" train station at Brackenridge Park? It was located a little closer to the zoo and closer to the main road. A quaint little brick building with train on the side near St Mary's Street and a gift shop at the back. The train side was like a covered port and a semi-barrier on the outside, all made of brick or rock. I think the building is still there. It was really cool. I don't really like the new station. It just doesn't have any of the ambience of a train station. I have absolutely no idea when the station relocated, possibly in the 80's or 90's sometime. I only rode the train when I was a little kid in the 70's. I didn't go to the park often enough after that to notice the change.

There were also little walkways going over water streams where you could buy fish food from gumball type machines and toss down to the fish, kind of like they have in the zoo. The walkways led to the little restaurant which the train station is now located in the back of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio