Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:09 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,008,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Um, do we salute you now, Captain Obvious?

Haa haa... Never considered someone with body mass actually wearing a bikini.. its been a while since I been swimming and havent really paid much attention..

As for as the OP.. I would definitly think that hanging out at the water would be a better time for em. It is cost efficient (besides having to buy food).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,085,509 times
There are usually films at the Riverwalk Imax theater that would interest older teens. I think there's an Imax screen at the Santikos Palladium now, too.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:04 AM

49 posts, read 271,584 times
Day trip down to the coast? Port Aransas, Corpus Christi......lots to do. I would suggest an overnight, but hotels and campgrounds run pretty full over Spring Break season which lasts about six weeks.

Enchanted Rock near Fredricksburg can be done as a day trip. Just go early as when the parking lot is full, they wont let anymore cars in. Pack food, water and sunscreen, take cameras and wear comfy shoes.

Go underground.....Natural Bridge Caverns in New Braunfels is nice and close to town and go down 180 feet. The pools you see are part of the Edwards Aquifer. San Marcos has Wonder Cave which was created by the Balcones Fault Line so you are actually standing inside a fissure of the fault line. Cave Without a Name and Cascade Cavern are close to Boerne. Cascade has a waterfall. Caverns of Sonora are west of SA and I have been told by people who "collect" caves that they are among the prettiest in the world. Longhorn Caverns in Burnet are state owned and have more history then formations. Still pretty cool if you are a cave junkie lol. And my favorite....Inner Space Cavern in Georgetown just north of Austin. It's my favorite because I have worked there since 2001 and am very familiar with it. Also it is just a neat little cave. I do recommend going early. From my experience at ISC, we would sell out tours 2-3 hours in advance and send them down every 15 minutes. Check for Wild Cave Tour options. I know Inner Space offers one and I have done it myself and its fanstatic!!! They may not offer it over Spring Break because of the busy schedule so call first. I think Natrual Bridge and Longhorn also offer a wild tour so call and check. Just a disclaimer....I have been to ISC ( of course lol) Natural Bridge and Longhorn and recommend them highly. I havent been to Cascade in years so have no idea how kept up it has been. I have never been to Cave Without a Name or Wonder Cave tho my coworkers have and reported back good things. But then again , we are cave junkies lol. I have never been to Sonora, but again it comes very highly recommended.

Hope this helps and they have fun!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 11:53 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,022,161 times
They may be interested in Texas Ski Ranch - TSR Action Sports, San Antonio - Austin - New Braunfels, Texas - Wakeboard, Skateboard, Motocross & Rockclimb

Old 03-02-2008, 01:11 PM

19 posts, read 79,614 times
Thanks everyone for the great replies - The girls in bikinis is a given for 6 teenage boys. Looks like they may not want to leave the community pool. I am looking into tubing if its not too cold, otherwise a canoe trip. Also looking into a trail ride - although none of them really know how to ride. Definitely will look into several of the suggestions everyone has offered especially laser tag. My next challenge is feeding all these boys - stocking up on mac and cheese, hot dogs and burgers - Wish me luck!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:16 PM

634 posts, read 2,921,260 times
Oops wrong thread...

EDIT

Old 03-02-2008, 06:18 PM

634 posts, read 2,921,260 times
Go to a Spurs game or a concert. Isn't Switchfoot coming in late March?
High School Musical is on tour here soon too.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:49 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,420,295 times
Quote:
There are girls in bikinis. Does it matter?
It probably helps if the water is cold!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,010,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
It probably helps if the water is cold!
That won't help the guys, though, will it?

Old 03-02-2008, 06:57 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,420,295 times
Quote:
That won't help the guys, though, will it?
YES YES IT WILL

Seinfeld show:

Shrinkage!!!!

Funny Video of the Day: Seinfeld - Shrinkage Episode
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio