U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:40 PM

265 posts, read 1,087,697 times

Advertisements

Is the Lifetime Fitness on 281 crowded, now that a new one has opened up across town? What are the best/worst times to go? How is the childcare (is it a zoo or do they have it under control?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 03:46 PM

30 posts, read 99,257 times
I don't think it's terribly crowded. There are certainly alot of people, but it's so big that you don't feel it too much. We usually work out just after 5pm during the week and during the day on weekends. Weekends are more crowded with families of course. We don't use the childcare so I'm not sure about that part. We love it there overall!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:49 PM

199 posts, read 625,352 times
I joined about a year ago, and I think it is pretty crowded there. I go weekday mornings 8a or after, because I have a 4 y.o. to put in the childcare, it gets crowded as the morning goes on, and dies down a bit by 11a or so. Saturday mornings are out of control busy! If I want to get to the gym on a Sat. morning, my husband and I tag team, I go early, get home, and then he goes. It is pretty disappointing that we have to do this. And they have these "open houses" almost every other weekend, and it is just too crowded in the gym. I haven't been to the gym on a Saturday when they have an open house in a long time because it's just ridiculous. Plus you only get to have your child in the childcare for 2 hours, and that really isn't enough time to work out and take a shower. We were not told that there was a time limit when we did our walk through, and didn't think to ask. HTH!

Old 03-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Owl

112 posts, read 508,223 times
By the way, has anyone taken yoga classses at Lifetime Fitness? This is what really interests me.

We live in Lookout Canyon, far North Central on 281, and I haven't found any reasonable yoga studios in this area. I'm hoping someone will open a studio in one of the new shopping centers going up on 281.

I know there is Bikram, but I'm afraid the heat in the studio would kill me, before the yoga could help me.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:21 PM

265 posts, read 1,087,697 times
I belong to Lifetime up here in Detroit (which is why I was wondering about yours down there...I had heard it was way crowded). Anyway, I have taken the yoga classes at my Lifetime and I think the class offerings are pretty standard across all clubs....that said, it is a different kind of yoga. I think they call it Fitness Yoga. It is not the same as studio yoga to me. A little less zen, a little more generalized for a non-yogi crowd, very basic. I want to try it again & see. They do heat up the studio & that takes some getting used to. But I think I need to give it another chance. I am still a little cranky about the time the instructor pulled my head up by the ponytail!!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:13 PM

218 posts, read 247,940 times
Lifetime needs to open up a third location. I think I read on here that they were planning on building one in the Potranco/1604 area?

Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 PM

409 posts, read 1,426,561 times
Only complaint about the Rim location is the lack of racquetball courts. My DH has to drive the 20+ miles to play. A Potranco/1604 location would be awesome!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 7,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motown mary View Post
is the lifetime fitness on 281 crowded, now that a new one has opened up across town? What are the best/worst times to go? How is the childcare (is it a zoo or do they have it under control?)
still a zoo not under control.........no cap on membership

Old 10-03-2008, 03:54 PM

2,392 posts, read 8,626,317 times
Its a Texas law that childcare has to be 2 hrs or less otherwise they have to have stuff like the daycares do. Every gym I have belonged to in Texas is like this.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:34 PM

427 posts, read 1,033,019 times
There needs to be a law that restricts those under 18 from being able to stay there for longer than 2 hours.

I have been a member of Lifetime since [before] they opened their doors, and even though the crowds are annoying (mostly on Mondays 5-8pm), the ONLY true complaint I have are the 10-18 year old boys that act as if they were raised by packs of wolves. It is absolutely ridiculous at times.

I almost want to make it personal whenever I see a parent dropping off their sons to be "babysat" by the gym.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio