Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:39 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,195,504 times

Advertisements

Actions have consequences. All those who chose to not to go to work on that "Day Without Immigrants" to show solidarity learned a vital lesson.

After 18 employees skip work to attend immigration rally, they receive brutal lesson from their boss – TheBlaze

http://ktul.com/news/local/catoosa-r...out-immigrants

Last edited by Deep Forest; 02-19-2017 at 11:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 12:41 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
It could only happen in the U.S. and only because the GOP is, laughable. It is a comic act.
Our own Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's father had a hand in the JFK assassination, so the rumor was begun last spring. Cruz isn't really American.
News like this which is made up by the right is comical. Who could make this stuff up? By the End of the campaign Cruz came out and endorsed Trumpus. All is well now. The tent is up.
Rubio named Trump's private airplane- " Hair Force One".
Yes. Indeed. You are right. It is great entertainment fodder. Good stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
I am fully conversant with how the economy and auto industries are linked. I grew up in Toledo, OH. Lived it. The lengths you go to blaming Republicans for all bad, and excusing Democrats failures is comical.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:15 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
The left is unhinged because Ivanka Trump was photographed sitting at the desk in the Oval Office but remained quiet as chuch mice when Monica sat under the desk. Both sides are ridiculous.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:32 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
The left is unhinged because Ivanka Trump was photographed sitting at the desk in the Oval Office but remained quiet as chuch mice when Monica sat under the desk. Both sides are ridiculous.
I don't think many people, certainly not the entire left were unhinged about her sitting at the desk. Those that were bothered by it, were bothered by her statement. As if she worked her way there or something, instead of just plain old nepotism.
Now, I am not against nepotism, parents, in general bust their tail to make a better life for their children, but it isn't like she worked her way to that desk. Daddy let her sit there.

As far as the left not having a problem with Monica, that's absurd on its face as well.

I will agree with your last statement, both sides are ridiculous, but the worst part of it is in the WH.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:08 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Somehow we went from a discussion about A Day Without Immigrants in San Antonio, to the Flint, MI water crisis and the White House Oval Office.

This thread has really drifted off-topic.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:10 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Somehow we went from a discussion about A Day Without Immigrants in San Antonio, to the Flint, MI water crisis and the White House Oval Office.

This thread has really drifted off-topic.
And I am shocked this thread is still on-going.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:19 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
And I am shocked this thread is still on-going.
Indeed. I clarified from the very start I was being very specific in the responses that fit within the topic and I think there's like three that are even within the realm of the response I was looking for.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:30 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Indeed. I clarified from the very start I was being very specific in the responses that fit within the topic and I think there's like three that are even within the realm of the response I was looking for.
Post #2 steered your thread right into national politics in my opinion.

To get back on topic though, I do have to wonder what the impact would be on the housing industry in San Antonio if all "illegals" get deported. Without immigrants, the price of building houses here would skyrocket I am sure.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:42 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Post #2 steered your thread right into national politics in my opinion.

To get back on topic though, I do have to wonder what the impact would be on the housing industry in San Antonio if all "illegals" get deported. Without immigrants, the price of building houses here would skyrocket I am sure.
Steering a bit away from the "Day without an immigrant" but still on the local topic of ICE...I have not seen nearly as much coverage of he increase in enforcement in the SA area as I have in Austin. School districts, labor organizations an the general population seem to be bogged down in the increase enforcement. Since I'm not in town I'm not sure if I might just not be seeing it from the right sources in SA or if indeed it's been amplified here due to Travis County's stance of not supporting ICE.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:51 PM

65 posts, read 84,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Steering a bit away from the "Day without an immigrant" but still on the local topic of ICE...I have not seen nearly as much coverage of he increase in enforcement in the SA area as I have in Austin. School districts, labor organizations an the general population seem to be bogged down in the increase enforcement. Since I'm not in town I'm not sure if I might just not be seeing it from the right sources in SA or if indeed it's been amplified here due to Travis County's stance of not supporting ICE.
Honestly it's because contrary to popular belief Austin has way more immigrants than San Antonio. San Antonio is almost 80% native born, that's why most people don't really seem to care about what is going on with ICE. San antonians are generally happy as long as they can watch the Spurs and drink bud light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio