U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 01:45 PM

2 posts, read 713 times

Advertisements

I am starting up a drive thru coffee stand business and my broker and I have located a spot on Babcock and the north side of 1604 as a good site. We are already reaching out to the owners to see if they'd be interested in leasing out the land.

We would provide espresso favorites, regular coffee and feature local bakeries pastries as well as smoothies and other specialty drinks. All focusing on Texas based vendors, quality of product and excellent customer experiences.

I would prefer that the business had drive thru service on both sides however the space available may only allow me to have this service on one side.

My question is this. If I were to make the other side a walk up window, do you think the student population and near by residents would be attracted enough to this type of service to warrant having a walk up window?

Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 05:41 PM

2,008 posts, read 2,191,407 times
I don't live there anymore, but love the idea of drive thru/walk up coffee (other than the ubiquitous Starbucks). Don't know why there aren't more of them - see them all over other states

Old 02-18-2017, 12:15 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,963,274 times
Check the law/codes/rules about walk-ups at a drive-thru window. I have heard of people not being served if they walked up to a drive-thru window, why and where, I don't remember.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, make it so it is REALLY a "fast food" experience. Have some rules about only 2 orders allowed through the drive-thru. 2 coffees, 2 pastries, bam, done. Anyone wanting every kind of "special" order(s) must park and use the walk-up window (or go inside if you are having a building allowing for this). Your drive-thru clientele will thank you!

Old 02-18-2017, 04:43 PM

24 posts, read 15,288 times
My wife and me commute from Cross Mountain area through Babcock to UTSA. I love to see you soon around! Are you offering punch cards like 10 coffees with 1 free?

Old 02-18-2017, 05:03 PM

14,627 posts, read 31,212,414 times
I think it would be a hit simply because there's a lot of traffic over there. I think "walk-up windows" in San Antonio means, let me park and get out and walk up to the window, honestly. It's hot and there's not a lot of people out walking to get coffee. Yes, there are some but I don't think it's a "thing" on that side of town.

Sol y Luna is a fantastic local bakery, if you are looking for suggestions. Also, Buon Giorno Cafe on the NE side has really good Italian pastries.

Best of luck to you. I wish you great success!

Old 02-19-2017, 05:24 PM

2 posts, read 713 times
Thank you for all of the info and suggestions. Yes we will have loyalty cards and will also feature smoothies, frappes and other frozen beverages to help beat the heat.

I thought maybe with the student population around there might be a need for a designated walk up window.

I should hear more later this week if the landlord is interested in leasing more space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio