U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:30 PM

759 posts, read 3,384,602 times

Advertisements

We're going to see Phantom this Fri night and I have got to make reservations, like tonight!!!! I'd like to go somewhere downtown where we can just park once, eat & see the show. Any suggestions? We're taking another couple (they provided the tickets) so while I want it to be good food, I don't want it to be $$$$ (like, not looking for Morton's here.)

Thanks for the recs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 05:03 PM

790 posts, read 3,616,237 times
You can park in the garage next to the Majestic and walk 1.5 blocks down Houston Street to have dinner in Azuca. Then walk back .5 blocks to the theater for the show. Azuca is good and certainly not Morton's pricing. I've also heard the Sheraton Gunter (directly across the street from the Majestic) does a nice pre-show menu, but have not personally tried it. Have fun!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:27 PM

74 posts, read 207,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
You can park in the garage next to the Majestic and walk 1.5 blocks down Houston Street to have dinner in Azuca. Then walk back .5 blocks to the theater for the show. Azuca is good and certainly not Morton's pricing. I've also heard the Sheraton Gunter (directly across the street from the Majestic) does a nice pre-show menu, but have not personally tried it. Have fun!
I think you are thinking of ACENAR. AZUCA is a little more than 1.5 blocks from the Majestic. It is located in Southtown on Alamo Street.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:31 PM

759 posts, read 3,384,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooter1869 View Post
I think you are thinking of ACENAR. AZUCA is a little more than 1.5 blocks from the Majestic. It is located in Southtown on Alamo Street.
Haha- I always get those two confused too!!!! I've heard okay things about Acenar- Azuca is a favorite though

What's the pricing like at Biga on the Banks? Is it very expensive? We're thinking along the lines of Paesano's pricing if that helps.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
LOL - you're right, I always get those two mixed up! Acenar is the one on Houston in the Valencia Hotel a block away from the Majestic. Re: Biga, Boudros, and similar places on the Riverwalk... I'm guessing you'll get out of there around $100 for two if you include a glass of wine. Last time I was at Boudros (my absolute favorite river restaurant) my tab for two was $97 incl tip - incl 2 glasses of wine, but no dessert. And the best steak I have had in a LOOOOOOONG time.

Don't get dessert for a pre-show meal anyway... save it for afterward at the bakery/cafe at the Gunter... which you can enjoy while everyone else is crammed into the vestibule waiting for the parking garage elevator or stuck in a line of cars waiting to get out.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:52 PM

FYI: Gunter Bakery closes at 6PM.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
FYI: Gunter Bakery closes at 6PM.
The Gunter bakery stays open until 10 pm only on show nights... you can get dessert or a sandwich, coffee, etc. (210) 227-3241

Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 PM

824 posts, read 1,601,622 times
Sandbar (owned by Andrew Weissman of Le Reve) is fantastic, provided you like fish (cold and raw, mostly). And it's two blocks from the Majestic.

With the exception of Le Reve, it's the best restaurant in SA.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 PM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,455,438 times
houston street bistro is a good choice. good food and not overly expensive = good choice in my book.

There are tons of things right there though. Palm, Bohanans, etc. Texas land and cattle is less than two blocks away, there is also a great sushi place (houston and navarro), acenar, etc.

hope you enjoy your evening.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendox View Post
houston street bistro is a good choice. good food and not overly expensive = good choice in my book.

There are tons of things right there though. Palm, Bohanans, etc. Texas land and cattle is less than two blocks away, there is also a great sushi place (houston and navarro), acenar, etc.

hope you enjoy your evening.
That sushi place at Houston and Navarro is called Yokonyu. It's great! Try the Spicy Cosomo(sp?) Roll. Yum!

(Wow, my mouth just filled with saliva...awesome!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio