U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-06-2008, 01:42 PM

361 posts, read 564,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophix View Post
As for on the job discrimination, I wouldn't doubt that it does occur. But the fact remains, is that despite being a majority, the Hispanic population in SA does not hold the majority of highest paying jobs. Whites do.

Yet the # of hispanics riding in nice expensive luxury cars keeps getting both greater and younger by the day.

Besides, There will always be only a few of the highest-paid top jobs in any city to the point to where they are irrelevant in the big picture. The jobs that matter are the ones that make use of college education (not enough in this tourist-based city) even if they don't lead to some CEO position but still lead to a comfortable life. In this city, because of "the law of proportions" that the city and many businesses live by, most of those jobs are going to hispanics even if it means shutting out equally-qualified people from other races.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:01 PM

2,398 posts, read 4,257,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock's Beard View Post
Yet the # of hispanics riding in nice expensive luxury cars keeps getting both greater and younger by the day.
What does this have to do with anything? I'm sure you realize that people everywhere are putting themselves in debt up to their eyeballs...black, white, brown, purple, green and polka dotted. All part of wanting instant gratification and has nothing to do with who has what job.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:20 PM

472 posts, read 1,198,629 times
This black guy was from San Antonio

Percy Sutton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like he did good

Old 03-06-2008, 02:25 PM

3,105 posts, read 6,117,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
This black guy was from San Antonio

Percy Sutton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like he did good
Thanks~
It doesn't matter what color your skin is, it just matters how hard you want to work. Too many people sit around waiting for something to come their way. And I'm not talking about any particular "color", I'm talking about human species.
Peace

Old 03-06-2008, 02:30 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,467,752 times
Well I do believe this one has gone on as far as it probably needs to. Thanks for the input everyone. Now...... closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio