U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 5,230 times

Advertisements

My wife and I spent 2 years at Yokota Air Base, Japan, in Fussa-shi, Tokyo. I was on assignment at Yokota as a Government Employee and where I had an outstanding staff of Japanese Employees who made my job and time at work a real pleasure. I actually looked forward to going in to work! In fact, going to Japan was a dream come true for me since it had been my lifelong dream to go there.

We had a fantastic time there and made a lot of great friends, many of whom we still stay in contact with via e-mail and regular mail.

We loved visiting the surrounding local communities, fruit & vegetable markets, the malls, noodle stands, and the "Yakinikku" & "Screaming Sushi" restaurants.

It is our hope that we'll be able to return to Japan for one more assignment before I retire from my Federal Government career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 08:00 AM

26 posts, read 25,205 times
I forgot to mention, in addition to the 3.5 years in Okinawa I also spent 6 at Yokota (Tokyo suburbs)

Old 03-12-2008, 04:10 PM

35 posts, read 110,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
Being a Native Japanese person, where is the best sushi in YOUR opnion in San Antonio?????
I'll have to get back to you on that because I haven't eaten sushi in S.A.yet. (I've been busy eating Tex-Mex food and Mexican food. )
As far as I know, Koikawa Restaurant and Tokyo Inn are the most popular sushi restaurants among many Japanese people. I'll definitely give you my opinion on sushi in S.A. later, hopefully soon.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:13 AM

732 posts, read 3,364,730 times
In another thread, I posted about a Japanese style crepe shop called B and G crepes. In addition to crepes, they are expanding their menu to some other dishes as well. I had a really good sukiyaki and rice bowl there a couple of weeks ago. The owners are Japanese (I think one of them is a "famous" Japanese wrestler...!?!) and are so nice and welcoming.

I mentioned that I really miss goubou salad (burdock root) salad and the owner said she would start making it and see if it was a popular dish.

Anyway, they are great people, the crepes are good and the clientele is largely Japanese.....

Thought you guys might be interested in checking it out.

Here's the website:

B&G Crepes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio