U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 11:39 AM

168 posts, read 300,124 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on what other shops/restaurants/etc will be opening in the HEB shopping center on Alamo Ranch Parkway? I have looked high and low and can't find a peep about it online.

My personal wish list includes:

A good quality Japanese or Chinese restaurant
Which Wich or other non-Subway sandwich shop
A good pizza or Italian place (not a national chain)
A sports pub
A barber shop
Total Wine or other liquor store with hard to find selections (not Gabriel's, they are a rip off)
Any decent non-chain dining options

These may just be a pipe dream, but one can hope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 09:39 PM

6,165 posts, read 8,644,019 times
Twin liquors, I believe is owned by HEB so there's a chance they could go I. Near HEB. How do you all not have that stuff? I thought you had all chain restaurants and things you could ever ask for out there.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:21 PM

1,655 posts, read 819,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Twin liquors, I believe is owned by HEB so there's a chance they could go I. Near HEB. How do you all not have that stuff? I thought you had all chain restaurants and things you could ever ask for out there.
I've been saying this for years about SA! How many more strip malls and chain restaurants do we need?!! It seems as though if there isn't one on every corner or within 2 blocks of each other, we need MORE!!

Old 07-04-2017, 04:07 AM

3,153 posts, read 5,186,437 times
Quote:
Twin liquors, I believe is owned by HEB so there's a chance they could go I.
Twin Liquors is actually an Austin-based business owned by the Jabour family.

There are just some businesses that favor locating in developments anchored by a particular retailer.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:57 AM

723 posts, read 507,158 times
It's like when I lived on the East Coast. People would say 'If you're wondering about good site locations for your business, find the nearest WaWa. They've done all the market research for you. " if you don't know what a WaWa is, I'm sad for you. Think 7/11, only with nicer products, better coffee, and a deli.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:03 AM

6,165 posts, read 8,644,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
I've been saying this for years about SA! How many more strip malls and chain restaurants do we need?!! It seems as though if there isn't one on every corner or within 2 blocks of each other, we need MORE!!
Mayb they need more because it takes them an hour to drive 2 miles in AR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Twin Liquors is actually an Austin-based business owned by the Jabour family.

There are just some businesses that favor locating in developments anchored by a particular retailer.
Oh well. I learn something new everyday. I thought they were related because I only see them near HEBs.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:13 AM

5,629 posts, read 6,438,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
X2

When there is no more pasture land to raze, then I guess it will stop.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:17 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,554,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford72 View Post
Does anyone have any information on what other shops/restaurants/etc will be opening in the HEB shopping center on Alamo Ranch Parkway? I have looked high and low and can't find a peep about it online.

My personal wish list includes:

A good quality Japanese or Chinese restaurant
Which Wich or other non-Subway sandwich shop
A good pizza or Italian place (not a national chain)
A sports pub
A barber shop
Total Wine or other liquor store with hard to find selections (not Gabriel's, they are a rip off)
Any decent non-chain dining options

These may just be a pipe dream, but one can hope!
Who cares what's going in? Wait til it's finished and it'll be revealed. No sense in caring about it now,

Old 07-05-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
How do you all not have that stuff? I thought you had all chain restaurants and things you could ever ask for out there.

If you re-read my post, I specified "NON-chain dining options", as well as "A good pizza or Italian place (not a national chain)". You're right, we do have every chain restaurant and fast food option imaginable nearby. I'm hoping the new shopping center will bring something different.

Also, the convenience of being able to drive less than a mile, as opposed to fighting the ridiculous traffic on Culebra, is certainly appealing. If you don't live out here, you probably have no idea how long it takes just to get across 1604 to our nearest HEB. The time saved will be immense.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Who cares what's going in? Wait til it's finished and it'll be revealed. No sense in caring about it now,

Ahh I see...and here I thought this was a discussion forum. My bad for wanting to know about current and future developments in my neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or