Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:18 PM

47 posts, read 228,393 times

Advertisements

Nobody is trying to down anything just stating what's real. Like my brother is in the music buisness trying to run a lable but he thinks that the city is trying to stop the rap scene here but i know the city has nothing to do with that. It's all about numbers and money weather you realize it or not.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:47 PM

362 posts, read 1,058,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imthrowed94 View Post
Well San Antonio is ok it's a city that has potential. But like they say it can be better. It's the 21st century we need to come out of the dark ages and get city leaders who will get with the program.

San Antonio is a progressive and modern yet historic metropolis. Dark ages? You must not no anything about San Antonio and it's explosive growth.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:56 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,456,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1984 View Post
San Antonio is a progressive and modern yet historic metropolis. Dark ages? You must not no anything about San Antonio and it's explosive growth.
I agree! What would be considered "dark ages"?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:49 PM

944 posts, read 3,063,328 times
Yes, "folk" is precisely what you'll find in SA. If you want a simple life, SA might be a good choice. Note that it is the kind of city that people grow up and move FROM in order to stretch their wings. It is not one of those cities that young people move TO in order to have an expansive experience (i.e., None of the "Mommy, I'm going to grow up and move to San Antonio and be a CEO."). It's where people come to settle down and be ordinary. It's not a place where you'll find many people who are reaching high for anything. That is great for most people. It's just not for me. Now I need to put my efforts where my words are and hit it, much to everyone's chagrin I'm sure

Old 03-11-2008, 11:01 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Yes, "folk" is precisely what you'll find in SA. If you want a simple life, SA might be a good choice. Note that it is the kind of city that people grow up and move FROM in order to stretch their wings. It is not one of those cities that young people move TO in order to have an expansive experience (i.e., None of the "Mommy, I'm going to grow up and move to San Antonio and be a CEO."). It's where people come to settle down and be ordinary. It's not a place where you'll find many people who are reaching high for anything. That is great for most people. It's just not for me. Now I need to put my efforts where my words are and hit it, much to everyone's chagrin I'm sure
Well if you have been reading this forum you should know the one i quoted and her alternate screen name like to bash the city. I mean we have potential to improve but honestly it's a great place to raise a family.

What base are you relocating to???

Old 03-11-2008, 11:35 PM

944 posts, read 3,063,328 times
I do think most people would like to raise a family here. It's out of the current of life, and therefore a parent could more easily focus on children without big-city distractions. That has its appeal, I'm sure. As for me, I'm going back to CA, or home to Oregon, even though I make good money in SA and have lovely co-workers. The culture is just stifling to me--more than any of our humid summer days could ever be. In my opinion, nobody wants to strive for anything. They want to sit on a log, crack open a beer, and swat mosquitoes. I hoped it would get better, but it didn't. I think it's a great choice for some people though, like I said.

Last edited by hello13685; 03-11-2008 at 11:45 PM..

Old 03-12-2008, 01:17 AM

218 posts, read 336,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
How in the heck can you even speak for millions of people when you first of all have shown yourself to be nothing but a negative narrow minded person with prejudice tendencies who goes about her way to try and make people feel bad about themselves or their lives.

Second, you are not from San Antonio and are have moved to San Antonio in the last couple of years, right? So that gives you the daunting ability to read the minds of millions of people not only in San Antonio but the country and then of course be able to tell us exactly what they want or don't want, huh? That's mighty big of you.

It's absolutely amazing how you can still question why you are always being chastised on this forum.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:39 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,178,320 times
It's been my experience that people that complain about something are usually either just jealous of the target of their ire, or they're just one of those people that complain about everything.

In any case, I, for one, was an Army brat and grew up in cities all over the world, so I have a good idea of what various cities have to offer. When Dad decided to retire in San Marcos, I finished school there and opted to move to SA at the ripe age of 22. I found then, and continue to find, lots of people that age that decided to come here or moved back here after finishing school.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:53 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,456,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
I finished school there and opted to move to SA at the ripe age of 22. I found then, and continue to find, lots of people that age that decided to come here or moved back here after finishing school.
Well, according to Hello13685, that's because you and others who choose to reside in SA aspire to become nothing more than an ordinary people.

I think your assessment is on target, TexHwyMan, some people aren't happy unless they're complaining. I'm sure Hello had plenty to complain about when living in Cali or Oregon or wherever the hell she's lived.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:09 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Well, according to Hello13685, that's because you and others who choose to reside in SA aspire to become nothing more than an ordinary people.

I think your assessment is on target, TexHwyMan, some people aren't happy unless they're complaining. I'm sure Hello had plenty to complain about when living in Cali or Oregon or wherever the hell she's lived.

Life is as happy as you make it. No matter where you live.

Even if you are an un-educated hick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio