U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 10:26 AM

3,741 posts, read 3,841,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Santikos Entertainment is again expanding its footprint. The San Antonio-based company plans to break ground as soon as this fall on a new multiscreen theater complex at Interstate 35 and Wiederstein Road in nearby Cibolo.

The company’s latest project will include as many as 16 auditoriums featuring the latest in digital technology, Dolby ATMOS sound systems and luxury recliner seating. The new venue will also house several bowling lanes, a high-energy sports bar, full restaurant and arcade games.
https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...eater-and.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 01:07 PM

739 posts, read 816,124 times
Wow, I live out here and this will be great! Still will go to Regal live oak for movies, but will definetly go there when it opens.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:30 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
I'm excited about this. We have been loyal Alamo Drafthouse attendees but I finally got tired of my husband complaining about the waitstaff interrupting the movie towards the end. I heard that Embassy Oaks ( Santikos ) had been remodeled so we gave them a try and we love it. Good food and super comfy seats. I just wish they would adopt the "No Late Arrivals" policy that we love about AD. It's really disruptive when people come in late.

Anyway I joined the Santikos loyalty program and the points rack up fast. I got rewards at AD also....but you have to print them out to redeem them. What?!?! I can show my ticket on the phone but not my reward coupon? Kinda ridiculous.

We go to a movie at least twice a month so yeah, this is cool!

Old 08-10-2017, 09:56 PM

555 posts, read 396,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I'm excited about this. We have been loyal Alamo Drafthouse attendees but I finally got tired of my husband complaining about the waitstaff interrupting the movie towards the end. I heard that Embassy Oaks ( Santikos ) had been remodeled so we gave them a try and we love it. Good food and super comfy seats. I just wish they would adopt the "No Late Arrivals" policy that we love about AD. It's really disruptive when people come in late.

Anyway I joined the Santikos loyalty program and the points rack up fast. I got rewards at AD also....but you have to print them out to redeem them. What?!?! I can show my ticket on the phone but not my reward coupon? Kinda ridiculous.

We go to a movie at least twice a month so yeah, this is cool!

AD's new app is coming and it's all there. I'm beta testing it now. It's awesome. A total redesign.

As for Santikos, they don't take as much of a hardline against talkers and phone users. I'm an AD loyalist because they actively scan and will kick people out.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:06 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Good to know about the app. I'm sure we'll visit them again because overall the experience is great. Another reason I love AD is they use real butter on their popcorn. I just thoroughly LOVE their polcies about kids, talking, texting and my favorite *no late arrivals^!

I guess Santikos is more family friendly and I get that, but we also go see most of the new animated movies and love that the kids at AD stay quiet. Maybe they should have some Adult Only showings at Santikos. ( although plenty of adults suck as patrons too)

Old 08-18-2017, 11:38 AM

439 posts, read 234,607 times
Are they still a non-profit ?

Pay any property taxes ?

Old 08-18-2017, 03:50 PM

3,141 posts, read 5,159,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resonator View Post

Pay any property taxes ?
If you are referring to Santikos, I know John Santikos left much of his estate to philanthropic causes to be administered by the San Antonio Foundation, but looking up Santikos on BCAD reveals substantial dollar liability in local property taxes on a number of real and personal properties linked to Santikos, many of them under the name of "Santikos Legacy LTD". The Palladium IMAX theater alone shows as having an annual property tax liability of over 600K.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:55 PM

3,741 posts, read 3,841,749 times
Quote:

Pay any property taxes ?
Dear god.

This non-profit pays property taxes and even if they didn't? What is your point? Did you give away 12 million last year for good causes? I won't wait for an answer.

He did the perfect setup for local causes.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:34 AM

439 posts, read 234,607 times
No doubt their property gets valued and listed on the BCAD rolls.

Has nothing to do with the current owner's exemption status.

In this hyper sensitive world, some questions should not be asked. Sorry for the intrusion.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:28 AM

3,141 posts, read 5,159,284 times
Quote:
No doubt their property gets valued and listed on the BCAD rolls.

Has nothing to do with the current owner's exemption status.
Yes, the value gets listed on the BCAD rolls. But look for "Taxes W/O Exemptions". That will list the full annual tax that would be due on the property if no exemptions claimed. Then look at "Taxes W/Current Exemptions". That will show the amount the current owner is liable for, after any eligible & claimed exemptions.

For example, look up a church building somewhere and it will probably say something like,"Taxes W/O Exemptions": $45,000.00. "Taxes W/Current Exemptions": $0.00.

In the Santikos Palladium Theater example I referenced in a previous post, it reads "Taxes W/O Exemptions: $604,213.88. Taxes W/Current Exemptions: $604,213.88. Either Santikos isn't claiming any exemptions on the theater, or it isn't eligible for any exemptions. My guess would be the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or