U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:45 PM

36,660 posts, read 58,207,187 times

Advertisements

So let me see: you want me to apologize to whom, exactly, for being a jerk to whom? And what the hell's all this got to do with Ruby Tuesday anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 06:50 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,109,703 times
we make exceptions to topics for special cases around here.. bienvenidos a C-D SA

Old 05-07-2009, 06:57 PM

4,794 posts, read 10,203,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshin View Post
It CRACKED ME UP when SA went "wild" over PF Changs after it first opened. Good grief.
SA went wild? How so? Was there an event of Fiesta party proportions? PF Changs is an excellent restaurant. What is with this "franchise snobbery?" It makes no sense. It's like any other product or merchandise. If it's a hit with the public, then the supply and demand increases? More merchandise manufactured...more product sold. It's basic good business.

Can you not say the same about a Lexus dealership? So they build one....and then two....and people go buy them and drive them around. So....what? Is that being unoriginal? Is it too plebian or declasse? Too middle class and not trendy? What is the freaking big deal with you people? You are so easily amused about NOTHING. What does that say about you all?

Walk away from it if you don't care....but get out of people's faces about it. Dining police we don't NEED! geez.....

Bring on Ruby Tuesday, PF Changs, Blue Coral, Crystal Burgers, IN and OUTS....line em up!!! Put one on every corner next to Subway and a nail salon.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
So let me see: you want me to apologize to whom, exactly, for being a jerk to whom? And what the hell's all this got to do with Ruby Tuesday anyway?
Gosh Dov....you want us to do all the work, don't you?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 PM

4,263 posts, read 7,144,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
SA went wild? How so? Was there an event of Fiesta party proportions? PF Changs is an excellent restaurant. What is with this "franchise snobbery?" It makes no sense. It's like any other product or merchandise. If it's a hit with the public, then the supply and demand increases? More merchandise manufactured...more product sold. It's basic good business.

Can you not say the same about a Lexus dealership? So they build one....and then two....and people go buy them and drive them around. So....what? Is that being unoriginal? Is it too plebian or declasse? Too middle class and not trendy? What is the freaking big deal with you people? You are so easily amused about NOTHING. What does that say about you all?

Walk away from it if you don't care....but get out of people's faces about it. Dining police we don't NEED! geez.....

Bring on Ruby Tuesday, PF Changs, Blue Coral, Crystal Burgers, IN and OUTS....line em up!!! Put one on every corner next to Subway and a nail salon.
What is..Blue Coral? If it's the seafood place...they closed.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Gosh Dov....you want us to do all the work, don't you?
What I'd really like is to get back on topic, but it seems you're far too obsessed with me for that that to happen. And I still don't understand why you think I owe anyone here an apology for disparaging Ruby Tuesday.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Listen....Drover was not saying that. Dover was condescending and arrogant. When insulting words and mannerisms dominate the topic, then it's nullifies any civil discussion.
This. You took it off topic with your ***** session about San Antonio and chain restaurants. So please don't pretend you now want to share positive opinions about Ruby Tuesday.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
What is..Blue Coral? If it's the seafood place...they closed.
FCF....from what I understand, there is only one Blue Coral in the United States.

It's in Newport Beach CA. It's part of the OSI family....but the concept is to not make is a wide spread franchise like the Outback and others. The name "Blue Coral" was selected because it is the rarest type of coral found.....thus a fitting name for a very exclusive restaurant. Put it up there with the "W" hotel class.

I've heard it's spectacular and lives up to their claims. Here's the web site link:

Blue Coral Seafood & Spirits

And here is just one of the dinner entrees.

blue coral atlantis
a bountiful sampling of our freshest oysters, colossal gulf shrimp, bristol bay alaskan king crab claws and colossal legs (serves two)

Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
This. You took it off topic with your ***** session about San Antonio and chain restaurants. So please don't pretend you now want to share positive opinions about Ruby Tuesday.
First, I never said anything at all about wanting to share "positive" opinions about Ruby Tuesday. I made it quite clear that I certainly don't have a positive opinion about Ruby Tuesday, and I don't see anything here that sought or requested "positive" opinions only.

Second, I said absolutely nothing about San Antonio except to presume that its culinary scene would not be improved by the arrival of a Ruby Tuesday. Perhaps in that sense I have vastly underestimated your culinary scene, so if I have feel free to tell me. But I sure hope not, for the sake of the dining public there.

Third, not only was my original post on-topic in that it expressed my opinion of Ruby Tuesday which is the explicit point of the OP, but I have tried several times to move it back on-topic. And yet you seem thoroughly obsessed with talking about me instead of about Ruby Tuesday while simultaneously accusing me of being off-topic without any apparent understanding of your own cognitive dissonance.

I'm done talking about this. So if you want to continue talking about me rather than the actual topic, feel free to send me a PM so I can ignore you there instead of ignoring you here -- but at least that way nobody else has to read it either. If you want to continue talking about Ruby Tuesday, then let's talk.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
First, I never said anything at all about wanting to share "positive" opinions about Ruby Tuesday. I made it quite clear that I certainly don't have a positive opinion about Ruby Tuesday, and I don't see anything here that sought or requested "positive" opinions only.

Second, I said absolutely nothing about San Antonio except to presume that its culinary scene would not be improved by the arrival of a Ruby Tuesday. Perhaps in that sense I have vastly underestimated your culinary scene, so if I have feel free to tell me. But I sure hope not, for the sake of the dining public there.

Third, not only was my original post on-topic in that it expressed my opinion of Ruby Tuesday which is the explicit point of the OP, but I have tried several times to move it back on-topic. And yet you seem thoroughly obsessed with talking about me instead of about Ruby Tuesday while simultaneously accusing me of being off-topic without any apparent understanding of your own cognitive dissonance.

I'm done talking about this. So if you want to continue talking about me rather than the actual topic, feel free to send me a PM so I can ignore you there instead of ignoring you here -- but at least that way nobody else has to read it either. If you want to continue talking about Ruby Tuesday, then let's talk.
yes...we agree we're done. I absolutely have no apparent understanding of my own cognitive dissonance. You're right. Check mate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio