U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-05-2011, 07:15 PM

2,891 posts, read 2,403,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napunani View Post
We had dinner at DREW'S Friday evening... Our first and last.
Arrived at 7pm and was told the wait would be 30-45 minutes, so we grab a seat at the bar. Ten minutes, immediately after our drinks were put onto the bar, we were told our table was ready. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Table service was slow. Italian pizza was sooooooo salty. French onion soup was OK. Carrot cake was extremely dry and tasted like flour!
I have learned that restaurants tend to overestimate wait times in order to avoid upsetting customers in case it does take awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 PM

229 posts, read 196,944 times
Had Jimmy John's over at Potranco. Was NOT impressed. I don't like the veggies on my sub and asked them to hold them, they asked if I'd like the "slim" which has no veggies. I said sure. Unaware how they dressed the sandwich, I asked the sandwich maker if he could add vinegar/oil and spicy mustard. I was promptly told I could NOT add anything since I ordered the "slim". They offered to give me a packet of mustard though. I couldn't believe it. When I asked if I could just pay the $1 (difference between regular and slim) I was told no, my order was already placed. I was flabbergasted.

Also, after I sat down, I saw the sandwich wasn't cut I asked if they had plastic knives and was told "no, but bring it back and we'll cut it for you". So after the customer has handled the food, they would take it back and use a knife they were using on all the sandwiches? I don't think so.

I'm not a huge food service complainer since I have spend many years living the life of a food service worker but the way I was treated was simply amazing.

For the price of the food, I will most definitely be heading to Jersey Mike's or Lenny's...both of which is quite tasty!!!

Old 11-06-2011, 06:50 AM

777 posts, read 1,621,271 times
Not sure if this is in the metro area, but Eatza Pizza in Lytle is closing as of 9PM Sunday night.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:10 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,087,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivegreen View Post
Corner Bakery Cafe is also planned for Rivercenter Mall.

Would you be able to PM the information? Plz! lol
no, just need confirmation first...sorry just dont want to say something is coming and it doesnt.

One of the things coming to that shopping strip is going to be the 4th of its kind in Texas....thats all I will say

Old 11-06-2011, 11:12 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,087,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Not sure if this is in the metro area, but Eatza Pizza in Lytle is closing as of 9PM Sunday night.
why? thats a shame. The new HEB just opened up across from them! what other pizza places are in Lytle? I know constantinos in somerset is the closest thats worth going to

Old 11-06-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
why? thats a shame. The new HEB just opened up across from them! what other pizza places are in Lytle? I know constantinos in somerset is the closest thats worth going to
Constantinos is great. I like going there for their weds buffet.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:06 PM

777 posts, read 1,621,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Constantinos is great. I like going there for their weds buffet.
Sounds like I need to check them out!

Old 11-06-2011, 09:34 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,557,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenty13 View Post
Anyone heard when Spanky's on Culebra will open? Each month they state they're opening next month, next month, next month.

BTW I sure wish Barnacle Bills would come back.
Spankys is a lost cause and Barnacle Bills has come back. Now known as Laguna Madre.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Spankys is a lost cause and Barnacle Bills has come back. Now known as Laguna Madre.
Laguana Madre doesn't remind me of Barnacle Bills at all even though both are run by Bill Miller's.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Status: "moving back to SA so I can rightfully post here" (set 3 days ago)

13,631 posts, read 21,810,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Spankys is a lost cause
What happened? I thought they were open and about 3 weeks ago we stopped by to eat......denied! The sign has been up for a while. I wonder how many people do the same thing as me? Fuddrucker's should put a sign over near there so people wanting a burger will head over there. I love Fudd's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio