U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 PM
 
2,356 posts, read 5,422,341 times
Reputation: 631

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Main Event, 1604/281 is now open. An entertainment and eating establishment. They advertise laser tag, bowling, arcade games, billiards, etc. Haven't tried it out yet, but the parking lot was full tonight at 9:30 m.

San Antonio Bowling, Laser Tag, Billiards, Rock Climbing, Glow Golf, Laser Tag, Gravity Ropes and more!
Thanks for posting I was wondering what that was, now dont have to stop and look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:17 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,194 times
Reputation: 10
Does anyone know what happened to Ciao Lavanderia on Olmos Drive? My family and I ate there for years and they suddenly closed their doors. I ended up finding their blog that gave a one day's notice that they were closing. Strange...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:33 PM
 
5,635 posts, read 13,975,278 times
Reputation: 2731
Chicken & Waffles @ Jim's ....lol
Attached Thumbnails
San Antonio Area - New Restaurant Openings -and- Restaurant Closings-chickenwaffles.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Ohio
16,822 posts, read 33,213,308 times
Reputation: 13610
I read in the Express-News last week that El Bucanero temporarily closed its original location on W.W. White Rd. and installed all of the staff who worked there at the new location on Blanco to get it up and running. Hopefully the permanent staff who take over after the original staff go back to the original store can keep up the levels of food and service that Soviet experienced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 09:09 AM
 
427 posts, read 1,033,380 times
Reputation: 330
I went to El Bucanero last week, as well. It was after 9pm...so not too busy. Our waitress had just started there that day, but still offered prompt and friendly service. She wasn't completely knowledgeable on the menu items yet--I asked her to tell me how the Enchiladas de Camarones (shrimp enchiladas) were prepared, and she had to ask someone else. When she came back and described the dish, she simply said they had a Ranchero sauce on them. SO GLAD I decided to get them anyways...they were the most amazing shrimp enchiladas I have ever had. Way more than just ranchero sauce on them! So much flavor. Craving them right now at 10am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
4,274 posts, read 6,655,487 times
Reputation: 3910
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
I went to El Bucanero last week, as well. It was after 9pm...so not too busy. Our waitress had just started there that day, but still offered prompt and friendly service. She wasn't completely knowledgeable on the menu items yet--I asked her to tell me how the Enchiladas de Camarones (shrimp enchiladas) were prepared, and she had to ask someone else. When she came back and described the dish, she simply said they had a Ranchero sauce on them. SO GLAD I decided to get them anyways...they were the most amazing shrimp enchiladas I have ever had. Way more than just ranchero sauce on them! So much flavor. Craving them right now at 10am.
Good thing they open at 11! I'm going over there then for breakfast since I didn't have any Mexican food in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2012, 11:38 AM
 
4 posts, read 6,424 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I remember back in the early 90's it was called I think the country inn restaurant and it was a family owned place, very good food. Then in the last 5 years here is what I remember- Matisse, el callejon, martha's, and now majadera. I may be missing something.
The original restauraunt was called Hunter's Inn and was owned by the Herman Family until Mr. Herman Died. The family also owned the property behind the restauraunt where Roaring 20's used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
 
410 posts, read 554,568 times
Reputation: 254
Originally Posted by Willsatx
I remember back in the early 90's it was called I think the country inn restaurant and it was a family owned place, very good food. Then in the last 5 years here is what I remember- Matisse, el callejon, martha's, and now majadera. I may be missing something.
Seem to recall it being an Argentine themed steak place before it was Matisse. When did Hunter's Inn close?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
 
2,356 posts, read 5,422,341 times
Reputation: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimeZak View Post
The original restauraunt was called Hunter's Inn and was owned by the Herman Family until Mr. Herman Died. The family also owned the property behind the restauraunt where Roaring 20's used to be.
Wow i did not know he died, if I recall his kids worked there also. I would say it closed maybe in the mid 90's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2012, 07:12 PM
 
2,356 posts, read 5,422,341 times
Reputation: 631
Just saw online that it closed in 1993.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top