Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 03:20 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times

Advertisements

you made my day sinsativ!! they need to put a rush on that building project and now I'm going to be forced to drive down Potranco at least a couple times per month. do they have hours? or are they 24/7 like DD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 06:21 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippylou View Post
Barbaresco restaurant, San Antonio. Who knows anything about them? They are located On San Pedro at Ramsey in the building that was Maggies. The building has been under construction forever, but when I drove by the other day it looked like it was close to being done. They actually had tables in there! I found this website but it is not very helpful. . . . : : : BARBARESCO, SAN ANTONIO TX. OPENING SOON : : : . . . I don't think the building pictured is the one here in San Antonio. So they must have another location. What's the scoop??
So I'm assuming this will be an Italian joint?

Old 05-28-2009, 07:45 AM

667 posts, read 1,567,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Has anyone tried Buffalo's at Bandera/1604? I keep getting a coupon for it.
A friend went and said it was so-so. We're going tomorrow- I'll letcha know how it goes.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:44 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,752 times
Anyone tried bianco's on blanco rd? just curious how it is.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM

322 posts, read 774,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippylou View Post
Barbaresco restaurant, San Antonio. Who knows anything about them? They are located On San Pedro at Ramsey in the building that was Maggies. The building has been under construction forever, but when I drove by the other day it looked like it was close to being done. They actually had tables in there! I found this website but it is not very helpful. . . . : : : BARBARESCO, SAN ANTONIO TX. OPENING SOON : : : . . . I don't think the building pictured is the one here in San Antonio. So they must have another location. What's the scoop??
Thanks! We've been wondering what that building was going to be for, what seems like, years now!

Their website is funny though.. "opening soon... Summer '08"

I wonder if their intention was to open last year or if someone just fat-fingered the date.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
Today's Express News says that the Bayseas Seafood Market which opened in the former Tom's Ribs location at 13323 Nacogdoches has closed.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:40 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,093,112 times
Looks like a pizza/sub place opening downtown at Broadway and Pecan (by Omars). Haven't tried it but could be a handy stop for those who work downtown

Old 05-29-2009, 01:46 PM

322 posts, read 774,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
Looks like a pizza/sub place opening downtown at Broadway and Pecan (by Omars). Haven't tried it but could be a handy stop for those who work downtown
Cool! If you give it a try first let us know how it is. My coworkers and I are always up for another pizza joint! We normally end up going up to Main St pizza which is really quite good.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:00 AM

667 posts, read 1,567,368 times
Went to Buffalo's Southwest cafe on Friday. Besides being the LOUDEST restauarant that I have been to in a long time, the food was hit & miss. We got the sampler appetizer. I didn't like the wings but that's not saying much because I generally do not like wings. The queso verde was so-so. The fried mozzarella cheese sticks were okay (fried cheese, what's not love?? ). I had the salmon and it was somewhat dry and the edges were tough, didn't eat most of it. I tried a 1/4 portion of the baby backs and they were pretty good (got the bourbon bbq sauce). I'd go back for the ribs. DH got the blackjack burger and he said it was okay. He also got dessert (it was a last supper of sorts, he's now on a diet!)... he got the chocolate brownie thing with ice cream. I had a bite and it was good. Overall the food was okay but the atmosphere was atrocious. The accoustics in there are horrible. We had to move to the back room at one point because there was a screaming child behind us. Don't get me wrong, we have a kid so we understand noise but it was so loud it was giving us both a headache. I'd equate the place to a Chili's or Applebee's. If that's what you're in the mood for then go for it! They do have some weekly specials (happy hour type things and a 50 cent wing night). Kids eat free Mondays and Wednesdays if I remember correctly. The accoustic situation would make that a nightmare, I'd think, but to each his own.
Oh, and the waitstaff were very nice and friendly.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
Today's Express-News says that Cowcatchers on Bulverde Road and the Denny's location on Broadway have closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio