Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 11:00 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,313,957 times

Advertisements

Bush's Chicken building on Bandera Rd. South of the Dickey's and Carl, Jrs.

Hardly see anyone at the Dickey's BTW - when I drive by.

It's funny about restaurants. On the Huebner and Babcock corner, there's a new strip and there was a sign for another Mexican place that said - Not another Mexican grill - but it never opened.

On Fredericksburg and Medical - the yogurt joint and was going to be a Luciano, Panda Exp and now an Einstein Bagel.

Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 11:35 AM

948 posts, read 1,834,068 times
I LOVE me some Einstein bagels.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:17 PM

229 posts, read 471,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
Bush's Chicken building on Bandera Rd. South of the Dickey's and Carl, Jrs.

Hardly see anyone at the Dickey's BTW - when I drive by.

It's funny about restaurants. On the Huebner and Babcock corner, there's a new strip and there was a sign for another Mexican place that said - Not another Mexican grill - but it never opened.

On Fredericksburg and Medical - the yogurt joint and was going to be a Luciano, Panda Exp and now an Einstein Bagel.

Weird.
Dickey's does a fair business, especially on the weekends. It's not mobbed, but they seem to do pretty good. I recommend them too...pretty good food and Mondays they have good specials.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:04 PM

31 posts, read 166,076 times
The CIA is going to be taking a pretty big step and opening its first restaurant in March:

CIA Bakery Caf at San Antonio-The Culinary Institute of America

Its located on the ground floor in the smoke-stack building at the Pearl. Hopefully its the first of many things to come.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 PM

487 posts, read 987,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
I don't understand the appeal of that place. Thought the food was eh. And the nightclub -- from what I hear -- is filled with a rough crowd.
Well, I haven't been to many Mexican restaurants in town yet, but I found it one of the most "authentic". Perhaps too authentic or not authentic enough for you?

Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 PM

487 posts, read 987,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountrywinefan View Post
Pizzabella on Nacogdoches has closed. Signs in the windows indicate the building is for lease and the marquee outside says "Thanks and Goodbye".

I'll bet in 6 months it'll open as a Taqueria Guácala or something....
Supply and demand, I guess...I like the name though: "Yuck Taqueria"

Old 02-04-2011, 08:16 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,301,188 times
Has anyone eaten at La Gloria at the Pearl Brewry... worst food I think I have ever had... really.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,946,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Has anyone eaten at La Gloria at the Pearl Brewry... worst food I think I have ever had... really.
I saw a tweet the other day by KENS 5 anchor Jeff Vaughn saying that La Gloria was his favorite restaurant in town. Maybe you hit it on a bad night, or the guy from Kansas City is not the best source for restaurant reviews?

It's a cool-looking building, but I haven't had a chance to try it.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:38 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,707,043 times
I've been to La Gloria. Well, actually I didn't get in since they had a private party going on. This was around the time they first opened. I will go back just to check it out....

Old 02-05-2011, 11:23 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,301,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I saw a tweet the other day by KENS 5 anchor Jeff Vaughn saying that La Gloria was his favorite restaurant in town. Maybe you hit it on a bad night, or the guy from Kansas City is not the best source for restaurant reviews?

It's a cool-looking building, but I haven't had a chance to try it.
The Kansas guy must not care about food... maybe he likes atmosphere more or had one too many drinks... trust me, this was bland and bad, bad, bad. I was really shocked because it looks like a really cool place like you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio