Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2016, 05:15 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,313,957 times

Advertisements

A cry for help from Big Bob's Burgers - San Antonio Express-News

It is sad that a restaurant goes under. However, that plaza on 1604 had a reputation of businesses closing. The reason - location, location.

It is very hard to get to with a dedicated long run on 1604 to turn around. 1604 is a weird road with long stretches that mandate long trips to get to a place on the other side of the road. For a Burger joint that might need street visibility and impulse drop ins - that wasn't the place.

Sushi joints in the plaza came and went also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 06:43 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,874,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
A cry for help from Big Bob's Burgers - San Antonio Express-News

It is sad that a restaurant goes under. However, that plaza on 1604 had a reputation of businesses closing. The reason - location, location.

It is very hard to get to with a dedicated long run on 1604 to turn around. 1604 is a weird road with long stretches that mandate long trips to get to a place on the other side of the road. For a Burger joint that might need street visibility and impulse drop ins - that wasn't the place.

Sushi joints in the plaza came and went also.
I read earlier today that he has been overwhelmed with the response. Lines out the door. I'm happy for him. We may stop by this weekend.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:38 PM

12 posts, read 16,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I read earlier today that he has been overwhelmed with the response. Lines out the door. I'm happy for him. We may stop by this weekend.
Bottom line is the burgers are/were not very good. Went to the one on 1604 once and never went back. If your burger is inferior to a Jack in The Box offering (and more expensive) and is barely on par with a quarter pounder with cheese at MacD, you have problems as a sit down burger place. If he can't see that as the owner then I feel for him.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:43 PM

That's your bottom line, not everyone else's. That location is horrible.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:50 PM

349 posts, read 419,316 times
Dumb business decision to open up there, honestly.

Too many restuaunters are morons from a business perspective.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:55 PM

12 posts, read 16,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
That's your bottom line, not everyone else's. That location is horrible.
Well, to be fair, it clearly isn't just my opinion. They've gone from three locations to one, and seem to be struggling there too. The 1604 location wasn't THAT bad. Again, a better burger can be had at many fast food places for less money. That's the real problem.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:33 PM

349 posts, read 419,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioBrit View Post
Well, to be fair, it clearly isn't just my opinion. They've gone from three locations to one, and seem to be struggling there too. The 1604 location wasn't THAT bad. Again, a better burger can be had at many fast food places for less money. That's the real problem.
That's also fair. Often when you try to expand and increase profits (though often this is misguided) the quality goes down along the way as well.

They would have been far better served keeping one location only, but its obvious this guy is not good at running a business. (though maybe genius now after his cry for help on facebook)

Old 12-15-2016, 06:36 PM

I'll take the word of hundreds of his Facebook fans, and trust the pictures of a full place and burgers that look delicious over the "anonymous" posters here. We're going there for lunch this weekend so I'll post my review then. Or maybe I'll just save it for Facebook, who knows. We can keep it consistently anti-Bob's here.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:08 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,466,801 times
That 1604 location sucked. (can I use that word? ) I work near there and have driven past the little sign a hundred times, but never stopped in. Drivers in that area are too busy dodging the gravel trucks and self-centered shoppers hauling *ss to The Rim and La Cantera to see the sign.
With all the other overpriced burger joints around, you really need something special to stand out and a great location to make it work. I wish the guy well.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,980 times
Does anyone know why the Vertz medetaranian grill (vertzkabap) at Blanco and 410 closed?? My guess is bad or too expensive location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio