Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 01:19 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,430,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
The company closed a big chunk of Pollo Tropical locations throughout the state. I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't the only one to go in SA.
They painted over the colors they had I wonder if its going to be a taco cabana?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 01:55 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,685,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
They painted over the colors they had I wonder if its going to be a taco cabana?
Could be. Unless there's one right by I don't see why not. They're good and fast if you need your tex mex fix, i guess.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:25 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,227,798 times
San Antonio Current reported last month that Timbo's at the Pearl is closing at the end of June, after being unable to negotiate a mutually-agreeable lease renewal.

The article quoted the landlord saying they've already signed a new tenant for the vacating Timbo's. My Nexdoor site has been abuzz the last couple of days with unconfirmed reports that Earl Abel's on Austin Highway is the new tenant slated to take over Timbo's space, and will subsequently close their current Austin Highway location.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:03 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,016,965 times
Earl Abel's? Good Lord,why? Overpriced diner food. I have no dea what their appeal is.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:23 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,328,236 times
My Lord! People who go to the Pearl would have a hipster heart attack and nervous fit when they saw Earl Abel's type of food. What a customer, restaurant lack of fit. Maybe Jim's or Waffle House could open in the Pearl.

Did we mention that Black Eyed Pea on Fredricksburg closed? I vaguely remember that but just drove by. Also, Fox and Hound on DeZavala - belly up. I might have seen that before.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:05 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,234,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
Fox and Hound on DeZavala - belly up. I might have seen that before.
Fox and Hound closed early last year.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:26 AM

923 posts, read 1,501,825 times
Quote:

Did we mention that Black Eyed Pea on Fredricksburg closed? I vaguely remember that but just drove by. Also, Fox and Hound on DeZavala - belly up. I might have seen that before.
Wow, both of those were around for a long time...

Old 05-17-2017, 02:31 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,770,225 times
Quote:
Did we mention that Black Eyed Pea on Fredricksburg closed?
Not sure when the article was posted but must have been recent. Article states the closing was because of bankruptcy. My guess the single one staying open is probably a franchise.

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO - Restaurant chain ‘Black-Eyed Pea’ closed its door after its parent company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

A sign on the restaurant near Fredericksburg Road and Medical Drive said the restaurant is closed temporarily and that it will let customers know when it’s able to re-open.

The restaurant did not return our calls on Wednesday.

Twelve out of the thirteen Black-Eyed Pea locations in Texas closed abruptly this week.
Local Black-Eyed Pea restaurant closes after company files for bankruptcy | KABB

Old 05-18-2017, 12:55 AM

1,032 posts, read 874,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
San Antonio Current reported last month that Timbo's at the Pearl is closing at the end of June, after being unable to negotiate a mutually-agreeable lease renewal.

The article quoted the landlord saying they've already signed a new tenant for the vacating Timbo's. My Nexdoor site has been abuzz the last couple of days with unconfirmed reports that Earl Abel's on Austin Highway is the new tenant slated to take over Timbo's space, and will subsequently close their current Austin Highway location.

Losing Timbo's is losing a big part of SA's restaurant history. What a bummer.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:26 AM

35 posts, read 51,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
Losing Timbo's is losing a big part of SA's restaurant history. What a bummer.
I agree... We love Timbo's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio