Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:36 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Good points rd!!! Has anyone SEEN how many cars pile outta Graham Central Station at closing time?
You are one brave chick if you go anywhere near that place at closing time. (Unless you were there spending your ".90 cents" lol) I can only imagine how bad it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 04:43 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
You are one brave chick if you go anywhere near that place at closing time. (Unless you were there spending your ".90 cents" lol) I can only imagine how bad it is.
We've been there a couple of times after company events ~ ya know, the whole group goes and makes fools of themselves at karaoke (which I have never attempted! I know how frightening my singing is!!). But yeah, it's positively insane!! I've been shocked how many people sure look under the influence to me and they're still driving. (Well, shocked is putting it mildly. Pissed off is more like it! And it's a good thing that otherhalf is always rational/sober and not only my DD, but also my voice of reason when I want to pull them outta their cars and beat the living daylight out of them! And after spending that ".90" I usually think I could do it! )

Old 03-14-2008, 11:57 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Quote:
Good points rd!!! Has anyone SEEN how many cars pile outta Graham Central Station at closing time? And I'm sure they're not all DD's!! And then there's the times when they let underage drunk drivers go home with somebody else's mommy instead of arresting them!! (Like they did with the idiots that slammed into my daughter and made her car roll twice. ) But Sapphire's right, it doesn't matter if you add 10 cents or 5 bucks to the drink, it's not gonna keep idiots from driving when they're drunk! And I think that the problem is larger than just alcoholics driving drunk. There's also a ton of weekend partiers (and weekday, for that matter) out there who are just too freakin' ignorant (or lazy or whatever) to arrange for a DD. I wish that laws were way tougher and strictly enforced! (Like take away their license for like.... forever on their first offense, and if they kill somebody, well I know I'll get slammed for this but I say lock 'em up for life!)

Heh! Nah, not all 10 for me. Otherhalf is almost always DD (since he really doesn't like drinking), so he'll maybe have one early in the evening. (And I wondered if anyone would catch that! LOL! )
how did that happen? and did you do something about it? if a cop ever let a drunk driver go home with their parents, especially after causing a major accident, they should be fired on the spot and thrown in jail. That is pure BS, but unfortunately easy to see with the quality I've seen so far from this force...
Quote:
We've been there a couple of times after company events ~ ya know, the whole group goes and makes fools of themselves at karaoke (which I have never attempted! I know how frightening my singing is!!). But yeah, it's positively insane!! I've been shocked how many people sure look under the influence to me and they're still driving. (Well, shocked is putting it mildly. Pissed off is more like it! And it's a good thing that otherhalf is always rational/sober and not only my DD, but also my voice of reason when I want to pull them outta their cars and beat the living daylight out of them! And after spending that ".90" I usually think I could do it! )
if more people would pull them out of their cars and beat the crap out of them, it would eventually become accepted as the normal thing to do. I personally think we should be able to do more to them, but on the spot executions don't tend to go over well with the voters for some reason

Old 03-15-2008, 05:49 AM

351 posts, read 1,584,540 times
In the larger picture, Congress should revisit its blanket .08 standard. The evidence so far suggests that the lower threshold is not only targeting motorists who aren't significantly impaired, it may well be making our roads more dangerous.

Research indicates that breath tests vary at least 15% from actual blood alcohol concentration. At least 23% (that's about one out of every four) of all individuals tested will have a BAC reading higher than their actual BAC. 1 Therefore, many people convicted of DUI/DWI simply on the basis of a breath test results alone will be innocent drivers who are falsely convicted.

To all of you haters out there: get off of your high horse.

crazedchef
enjoys a few drinks and should not be ostracized for it. Go after the HARD CORE DRINKERS NOT THE SOCIAL DRINKERS.

I PERSONALLY have gotten DOZENS of off duty cops DRUNK and then watched them drive home. Hypocrites.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:51 AM

New DWI/DUI Law Unconstitutional?

Quote:
The law presumes every citizen innocent, even when charged with DWI. A judge violates the judicial oath when he or she presumes that a citizen charged with DWI is guilty, gives greater weight to the state's evidence, is predisposed to find for the state, or looks for ways to assist the state in the prosecution of a case. Judges with high conviction rates are NOT fair and impartial but proxies for the prosecution or result-oriented interest groups.

The law imposes the highest burden of proof in criminal matters -- proof beyond a reasonable doubt of every element of the offense. Judges who lower this high burden in DWI cases make it probable that innocent people will be convicted, robbed of their liberty, their property, and their rights. When we permit or encourage judges to lower the burden of proof, we embark upon a slippery slope where expediency and results, rather than justice and law, guide decisions.

[MOD NOTE: added link as the source of the quoted part of this posting]

Last edited by da jammer; 03-15-2008 at 10:07 AM..

Old 03-15-2008, 05:52 AM

Breathalyzer Accuracy and DWI/DUI Conviction Rates

Quote:
One judge who has been criticized for allegedly being too “soft“ on defendants is Judge Jerome Leonard of North Carolina, who defends his decisions. “We have taken an oath to uphold the law,“ Judge Leonard explains. “If there’s a reasonable doubt, I have to find that person not guilty.“
The results may not always be pleasing, but the alternative is living in a police state without the protective rule of law.

ENOUGH SAID.

[MOD NOTE: adding link for the quoted part of this posting]

Last edited by da jammer; 03-15-2008 at 10:04 AM..

Old 03-15-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post

To all of you haters out there: get off of your high horse.

crazedchef
enjoys a few drinks and should not be ostracized for it. Go after the HARD CORE DRINKERS NOT THE SOCIAL DRINKERS.

I PERSONALLY have gotten DOZENS of off duty cops DRUNK and then watched them drive home. Hypocrites.
Giddyup.

If a "social drinker" drives while impaired, they should get what's coming.

Glad you're proud of watching drunks drive. Way to go.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Giddyup.

If a "social drinker" drives while impaired, they should get what's coming.

Glad you're proud of watching drunks drive. Way to go.
WHY DO BARS HAVE PARKING LOTS?

2 drinks does not make a person any more impaired than a mother driving with a 2 yr old, or someone talking on the phone, or texting, or eating a burrito, or looking at a GPS, or playing with the radio dials, etc................

This has been shoved down our throats for so long that people seem to think it is massive conspiracy of drunk people out to KILLLL. Hahahahahaha.

And what exactly am I supposed to do with a drunk POLICE OFFICER. I have SEEN them get on the radio to find where their buddies are and tell them which way they are driving.

The fastest I have ever been was in an off-duty cop's Porsche 928 on 1604. He was doing night security while the restaurant I was working in closed. He called his buddy and asked him to leave and offered me a ride in his "toy". He was not drunk, but come on, we went 128 mph on 1604!!!

While I was working a local "Gentlemen's club" a bunch of off duty motorcycle riding police officers would come in and drink for HOURS every week. I have also seen the same group at a watering hole by UTSA once again drinking for hours.

What exactly do you expect us to do? ARREST THEM???

This whole concept has been shoved down our throats by the special interest group MADD who have a NO TOLERANCE PROHIBITION AGENDA.

The founder of MADD will have NOTHING to do with this Neo-Nazi group of puritans.

They are some of the worst offenders about getting unnecessary legislation shoved down the throats of hard working Americans and making millions of dollars in fines for local municipalities.

Makes me want to stay away from America.

crazedchef.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:58 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
my high horse is easy to get on because I don't do it at all.. hell, my one or two drinks per week at home makes it easy to get on and off my horse... anyone making up that many excuses (especially the parking lot thing) obviously lives on the banks of that "other Nile River"...

Old 03-15-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
WHY DO BARS HAVE PARKING LOTS?

crazedchef.
Um, for the designated drivers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio