U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2017, 05:28 PM

5 posts, read 3,984 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My family and I are planning to move to San Antonio sometime early next year. We are from the bay area and homes here are just way to expensive. My brother currently lives in Alamo Ranch and we're thinking of moving there as well. Just wondering if there are other areas you can recommend to move to. We're looking for a safe area with a good community for families. My wife currently works from home and I'm in the medical field so I'll look for a job once I get there. We also have a 1 year old child so school is important. Our current budget for a home is $270k. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 06:59 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,554,466 times
Did you do a search? There are loads of threads on these areas and others where people asked where to move.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:31 PM

6,165 posts, read 8,644,019 times
Many Medical jobs will be located in the Medical Center or Stone Oak. There is a hospital in the Westover Hills area that is close to Alamo Ranch. Honestly, relocating anywhere its best to secure employment before you relocate. With family in AR I'm sure you are aware of the traffic and getting places. Alamo Ranch is a fair distance from most attractions in the city and getting to the Medical Center from Alamo Ranch (per google maps at 8am) could be anywhere from 24 to 51 minutes and the Stone Oak area it could take 31-51 minutes. Being from California, I'm sure you're aware of traffic and if you can stomach a commute like that then that's fine. Schools are good in the area. It is safe and family oriented.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:49 PM

852 posts, read 929,120 times
I've lived in Alamo Ranch for five years now and love it. Neighbors are awesome and we watch out for each other. Navigating the area is super easy once you've lived here a few months. We know how to avoid the traffic. There is a hospital and lots of clinics and doc offices within just a few miles of us. I agree with previous poster though l, secure a job before you move unless you have a good amount saved. The medical center is also easy to get to depending on your hours. Rush hour to med center can be a pain if you don't know the side roads.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 723 times
I live in AR since 2008. I love it then and I love it even so much more now. Traffic can be heavy at certain hours, but the good thing is that street work is being done at a good fast pace due to the many people moving to the area. Most likely, the only trip that will take you more than 10 minutes away from pretty much everything you need in life, is work, unless you manage to find a job around the area. $270k can get you in a nice 4-5 bd/3+ ba house in almost any of the AR subdivisions or other subdivisions not included in the AR area.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:56 PM

852 posts, read 929,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Torres View Post
I live in AR since 2008. I love it then and I love it even so much more now. Traffic can be heavy at certain hours, but the good thing is that street work is being done at a good fast pace due to the many people moving to the area. Most likely, the only trip that will take you more than 10 minutes away from pretty much everything you need in life, is work, unless you manage to find a job around the area. $270k can get you in a nice 4-5 bd/3+ ba house in almost any of the AR subdivisions or other subdivisions not included in the AR area.
270k will get him into AR depending upon subdivision and builders. That number is the cheapest heok get in my subdivision and finding those on the market are few and far between. That said, there are several subdivisions in AR at that price point. Its a great area and I dont regret my buying decision one bit.

Someone previously mentioned there arent many attractions here in the AR area, huh??? Sea World is less than 5 miles from my house, Geronimo Park is about 6 miles away, Medina lake is an easy 20 minute drive, I can get to Six Flags in about 10 minutes, downtown in 20. There is tons of shopping within 5 miles away, the new HEB will be within walking distance. Tons of dining choices, but wed like more non-chains to be honest.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:02 PM

5,629 posts, read 6,438,549 times
For someone working in the medical center, there are better options than AR traffic wise.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:53 PM

6,165 posts, read 8,644,019 times
OP has ghostted. They posted about moving to Houston in April and then here in early October and didn't return to their Houston thread. Just an FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or