U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 AM

54 posts, read 109,468 times

Advertisements

I share your pain. After a hard day's work a person has the right to retreat to their abode and relax. How can we do that if some uncaring young person has a $5000 Fosfate or other brand cranked up so loud you can hear them coming a block away? Windows rattle, then the amplified bass hits your chest turning your organs to jello and all but assuring a hearing aid for the driver before age 35.

A minority making life unbearable, unsafe in traffic for the majority! It's insane, inane and a poor reflection on those charged with making laws to ensure we can live quietly and those charged with enforcing them. Gotta get serious and organized or something tragic could happen here as it has in other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,308 times
I have a similar problem with a noisy neighbor cranking up his stereo and playing his drums set to the music. In fact, I had just called the police tonight. The HOA is useless even though it has a "no nuisance noise" bylaw - they say they have no means of enforcing it. Both the Sherriff's office and the HOA suggested suing the homeowner and in our case, the renter too - suggested documenting the incidents and calling neighbors to testify. There is apparently a Texas homeowners statute that addresses your right to enjoy your property (i'll find out more about this and post on here) Tonight I notified the homeowner of the noise issues. If nothing happens to stop it, we're most likely going to have take legal action. My only concern is that they might vandalize my property or kill my dogs (the neighbors kids egged by house and car last time I called the police). Its horrible...we live in a nice new subdivision so you don't expect this kind of thing to be happening.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:08 AM

173 posts, read 538,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEsananto View Post
I have a neighbor who moved across the street almost 2 months ago, and the son is always playing his music friggen loud out of his Suburban and it's pissing me off to the point where I want to smash in his windows and rip his speakers out. This kid plays his music loud outside EVERYDAY from 3p to 1a, I'm not making this up. If anyone knows about any such law please tell me so I can file a complaint before I smash in his windows.
I live in Converse as well and have a similar problem. Ive had great success with simply calling the police and reporting the loud music. It probably wouldnt take but a call or two to give them the hint.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:11 AM

173 posts, read 538,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by did0c View Post
I feel your pain.

We live in Converse. We had neighbors who turned up the volume so we could all enjoy the thudding want to rip your ears off base of their stereo. I called the Bexar County Sheriff non emergency number and was told there is no noise ordinance. If you want to make a complaint about disturbing the peace they can do that. It won't be anonymous.

Do you have a HOA?

Good luck!
This is not accurate. You are never required to give your name in any report you make to the Sheriff's Office. Past that, even if you gave your name and information to the Deputy, that information is not available to the public (namely the person you are reporting).

Old 09-05-2009, 07:01 AM

54 posts, read 109,468 times
Ali, hang tough! You'll work it out and enjoy the peace a man and his family deserve.

You're dealing with a sociopath who's obviously passed the trait on to his children. I know the feeling of frustration and anger that comes with an inconsiderate lump like your neighbor.

I'll wait for your post regarding "you're right to enjoy your property." I'd love to use some language here but will refrain..."your right!" Exactly..it'd not a privilege you earn. "A Man's Home Is His Castle" is an old saying for a reason. When you go to your home, the rest of the world is gone...hold it in and go about it right. And nail 'em when you can.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,660 times
I just called the Bexar county sherrif's office about a neighbor's dog, which is not even her dog, that has been barking non-stop for 3 days. This is day and night. The dispatcher was very rude and told me there is no noise ordinance in our neighborhood. My husband had the sheriff visit him once for having loud music at 10:00 on a weekend night? We were curtious enough to change over to headphones. Why can the sheriff visit him for that and not the barking dog?

Old 07-31-2016, 01:08 AM

1 posts, read 442 times
yes having same problem i have to call sheriff every time 2 am here and music is still thumping, these people think no one lives around them, please were in a nabor hood, they dont care...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio