U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:55 PM

251 posts, read 632,859 times

Advertisements

I have a neighbor who moved across the street almost 2 months ago, and the son is always playing his music friggen loud out of his Suburban and it's pissing me off to the point where I want to smash in his windows and rip his speakers out. This kid plays his music loud outside EVERYDAY from 3p to 1a, I'm not making this up. If anyone knows about any such law please tell me so I can file a complaint before I smash in his windows.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-17-2008 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: No Profanity or Addresses allowed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 05:02 PM

4,149 posts, read 9,303,976 times
Not sure of any specific ordinances, but just call the non-emergency police number and ask them to go by. See what happens and take it from there. Have you tried talking to the neighbor's father? What about writing an anonymous letter and mailing it?

Old 03-17-2008, 05:33 PM

My other neighbors have already done that, it hasn't worked. The son actually plays it louder now than he did last week.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:43 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,433,838 times
Obviously if there are parents, they aren't around or they're too afraid of their own child to do anything. Keep calling the police. I really have no other advice.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:06 PM

180 posts, read 730,051 times
I feel your pain.

We live in Converse. We had neighbors who turned up the volume so we could all enjoy the thudding want to rip your ears off base of their stereo. I called the Bexar County Sheriff non emergency number and was told there is no noise ordinance. If you want to make a complaint about disturbing the peace they can do that. It won't be anonymous.

Do you have a HOA?

Good luck!

Last edited by did0c; 03-18-2008 at 02:33 PM..

Old 03-18-2008, 02:29 PM

1,893 posts, read 4,862,837 times
Try this, first go calmly talk to him and ask him to please turn the volume down so all of his neighbors don't have to listen to his music. If that doesn't work. Call city hall and ask if there is a city ordinence against spraying weed killer on your lawn. If not, go and get some really strong weed killer. Wait until there is a strong wind blowing from your property line onto his lawn. Stand on your property line and spray in the air letting it blow onto his yard. You can't help which way the wind blows can you just like he can't help which way sound waves travel. Be careful not to accually step onto his property. If that doesn't work start putting up flyers in specific areas advertizing the fact that there is an expensive car stereo in a suburban at his address maybe someone will steal it.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:50 PM

2,330 posts, read 6,258,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Try this, first go calmly talk to him and ask him to please turn the volume down so all of his neighbors don't have to listen to his music. If that doesn't work. Call city hall and ask if there is a city ordinence against spraying weed killer on your lawn. If not, go and get some really strong weed killer. Wait until there is a strong wind blowing from your property line onto his lawn. Stand on your property line and spray in the air letting it blow onto his yard. You can't help which way the wind blows can you just like he can't help which way sound waves travel. Be careful not to accually step onto his property. If that doesn't work start putting up flyers in specific areas advertizing the fact that there is an expensive car stereo in a suburban at his address maybe someone will steal it.
LOL.. okay .. I thought I seen em all! This one takes the cake... I wonder if it would work!

Old 03-18-2008, 03:56 PM

320 posts, read 933,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by did0c View Post
I feel your pain.

We live in Converse. We had neighbors who turned up the volume so we could all enjoy the thudding want to rip your ears off base of their stereo. I called the Bexar County Sheriff non emergency number and was told there is no noise ordinance. If you want to make a complaint about disturbing the peace they can do that. It won't be anonymous.

Do you have a HOA?

Good luck!

I called the SA Police non-emergency number, (210)207-7273, on a neighbor who used to have monthly patio parties late at night. They came out within 1/2 hour, but by that time they had turned in. I think the officer left a note on their door. They never did it again. The operator told me the call is anonymous.

My HOA told me they don't get involved in inter-neighbor issues. I'm not sure if they are all like that.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:16 PM

Our HOA doesn't do anything but complain when someone plants a tree in their yard without their permission to do so.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:01 PM

1 posts, read 9,996 times
Default Noise Ordinance

There is no ordinance but we just called and were told that if you have a Sheriff come to your house, you can file a complaint and then they can go check it out and issue a ticket - $155 fine - I thought it was so wierd that you can't just fine them if a complaint is lodged since there is a fine in the books but this was the only way. Our neighbor has a dj and all going right now and it is after midnight with work for me in the morning. We'll see how long it takes for the sheriff to show up and something to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio