Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 07:15 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,047,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
My prayer is all religions just cease to exist. . Too many my god is better than your god wars out there.
Yeah....whatever...

I pray for these people. Innocent people who are now dead for no reason. This is a very sad day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 07:25 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,003,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Live press conference is about to start:

https://www.ksat.com/news/live-press...hurch-shooting

In other news, CNN fell again for the hoax that the shooter is Sam Hyde.

Poor guy gets named in mass shootings, as sort of a sick joke.
God I love 4chan.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:05 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,885,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
The thing that breaks my heart about all of this is that San Antonio is a small community and I'm going to bet $1 that most of us will know someone who knows someone who knows someone affected by this. The immediate moments after these shootings is not the time to debate gun control or religion, the time is to support the families of the victims and family and friends affected through thoughts and prayers, whichever you choose. We can get onto the other topics in the next few days. And we need to do that, but less than 24 hours is not the time.
I disagree.

The time to strike is while the iron is hot. Change is only brought about by people with anger, people upset that such a thing could happen and how to prevent it.

Gun control is one aspect that should always be debated. Churches and places of worship should also consider hiring armed security guards. Just like a high school football stadium has some police walking around, many churches have as many people as a football game.

If we keep our head in the sand this will keep reoccurring and reoccurring. As they say, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:28 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
That's true, every day of the year we have to think...will today be another massacre by somebody who doesn't even know what they're doing it...or why? Lordy, only the 5th of the month and already...the mass shooting of the month arrives. Hope there is no second one. This one was too close to home. Long ago, I moved out to the country after a tragedy happened, thinking I'm safer. Now...nobody is safe, anywhere.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:48 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Evil ALWAYS finds a way - no matter what. All we can do is remain vigilant, and prepared to defend ourselves and our loved ones.

https://www.ksat.com/features/michig...-in-us-history

Old 11-05-2017, 11:26 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,399,538 times
nothing has been said about the "hero" of the day. the neighbor who stepped in with his own rifle and shot the gunman out of there. If not for him, the tragedy would have been even worse. Of course, the police will take him into custody, perhaps release him on bail, tell him he should have left the matter to the police, he will get 2--10 for manslaughter-----oh, hey, wait---this is Texas! Carry on, folks!

Old 11-05-2017, 11:29 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,225,147 times
Can we also discuss how the survivors of these shootings are going to incur hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical and rehabilitation costs while our nation's leaders are doing their best to make insurance coverage unobtainable to people like the residents of this small town, where few work for big employers who offer health plans? Or is it too soon?

Old 11-05-2017, 11:31 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,399,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
Can we also discuss how the survivors of these shootings are going to incur hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical and rehabilitation costs while our nation's leaders are doing their best to make insurance coverage unobtainable to people like the residents of this small town, where few work for big employers who offer health plans? Or is it too soon?

Also, what about the cost to bury the dead?

Children, babies, elderly people....all gunned down in cold blood, I'm crying right now, I live in that general area,

Last edited by MaryleeII; 11-05-2017 at 11:40 PM..

Old 11-06-2017, 02:37 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,473,840 times
According to ABC News, the shooter was convicted of abusing his 11 month old child and served a year in prison. After serving time, he was able to buy the gun at the Academy in 2016 even though his conviction should have come up in a background check.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:18 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,360,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
nothing has been said about the "hero" of the day. the neighbor who stepped in with his own rifle and shot the gunman out of there. If not for him, the tragedy would have been even worse. Of course, the police will take him into custody, perhaps release him on bail, tell him he should have left the matter to the police, he will get 2--10 for manslaughter-----oh, hey, wait---this is Texas! Carry on, folks!
Sad tragedy again.....Las Vegas 59, Texas 26, the body count goes up faster and faster. Lets worry about immigration and ignore all this, right? BTW the defense of others is a defense in all 50 states in the land. The neighbor will be hailed as a hero,which he is, and will not be charged, Texas or no Texas. No place is safe in the most gun crazed nation in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio