Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:13 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,195,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saman View Post
30 years sounds about right. I remember them opening up when I was a kid. Today rumor has it that the restaurant is a front for a certain mexican gang (money laundering). I guess that started because there are never any cars in the parking lot and it never gets robbed. HAHA, actually they do get robbed just not very often. No money in the place. Does make you wonder how they keep the doors open. Ah, memories.
Went by one the other night and they were getting "slammed", three cars in the parking lot and two in the drive-through...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 10:29 AM

144 posts, read 687,061 times
I remember the owner got busted torching one of his stores for an insurance job. The investigators went to his home and he still had the gas containers in the bed of his truck. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, guess that explains the website.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:54 AM

7 posts, read 24,053 times
I haven't had Fred's for years since I've relocated to another part of town. Loved it as a Friday night treat when I was a kid growing up on the West side.

I remember the cardboard container plate was wrapped in white butcher paper. Even thought I miss it, I won't make a special trip for it. I've recently been told that it's no longer as tasty as it once was. Good times.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:20 AM

4 posts, read 24,410 times
You should never believe rumors. You should really get the facts straight before any of you'll assume such information that may be false. I think it all comes straight down to immaturity, having nothing else better to do but to knock success of an individual in order to build your own self esteem up and a bit of envy to lie the way I have read on some of these post from individuals. Its only an opinion on my behalf. I personally love Freds Fish Fry. Its been around for a very long time which proves that it is a successful legit business and will always stay that way. Moderator cut: careful with the language please

Last edited by da jammer; 07-19-2008 at 07:05 AM..

Old 07-19-2008, 01:53 AM

546 posts, read 3,104,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saman View Post
30 years sounds about right. I remember them opening up when I was a kid. Today rumor has it that the restaurant is a front for a certain mexican gang (money laundering). I guess that started because there are never any cars in the parking lot and it never gets robbed. HAHA, actually they do get robbed just not very often. No money in the place. Does make you wonder how they keep the doors open. Ah, memories.
HA HA! That's great, I'm so glad I'm not alone here - my friends and I have for years thought this very same thing, that it HAS to be some underworld laundering/drug operation, and how could we be the ONLY people in SA that see this possible connection.

We're baffled that some local TV station hasn't done some undercover story during sweeps on this chain - I mean, I NEVER see any people eating there (well, I take that back, I did see a couple eating there ONCE a few years ago ), and they're all over town, some within blocks of each other - CLASSIC!

Old 07-19-2008, 11:34 AM

I love reading these posts and messages I really see the immaturity of assumptions and envy. Wish the negativity could stop but thats the world today and the sense of growing up. Which I feel could go very well with some of these individuals that leave these false comments. If you only knew how alone you really are with alot of what is being said.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:52 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,730 times
I love Fred's. It reminds me of Taco Bell, it's not real mexican food but you still see hispanics in the drive through line. I know I sometimes could go for a couple of taco supremes and maybe a 7 layer burrito.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:57 AM

I LOVE FREDS FISH FRY TOO !!! They have good food and is a well established restaurant.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:18 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Freds was around in the 70's. A pretty tasty fish sandwich was 50 cents. There was one on Blanco north of Hildebrand or Basse probably still there. Since the 70's.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:18 PM

546 posts, read 3,104,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star2008 View Post
I love reading these posts and messages I really see the immaturity of assumptions and envy. Wish the negativity could stop but thats the world today and the sense of growing up. Which I feel could go very well with some of these individuals that leave these false comments. If you only knew how alone you really are with alot of what is being said.
So, um, I guess it's safe to assume you work there? Hopefully though someday I will realize how lonely I am and learn "the sense of growing up"...as well as get over my envy of Fred's Fish Fry . These comment are are all made in jest, fella, we're not accusing ol' FFF of being in service of evildoers.

There are plenty of eateries that folks and friends HATE (Pig Stands is a good example...and ALSO a mafioso hangout BTW - I just couldn't resist ), but no need to get all huffy and upset about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio