U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 10:33 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,157,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
The Double Dave's on Blanco in Castle HIlls is really good. I was so excited to see them open one here, but it is not even the same place at all. The DD's on Potranco is garbage for people that just want a lot of food. Absolutely no quality at all.
The Pizza Hut on SW Military by South Park Mall has an outstanding lunch buffet. I get full off just a few pieces because I'm savoring and enjoying the taste. The DD's tonight just made me wonder if I could make it home in time...
I think the DD on NW Military is closed now. We went by there a few weeks ago, and I wasn't going to eat there because I'm not a fan of their sauce, but I am almost positive it's gone--as is Gretalia Coffee House. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (like I need to ask )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
I got her back when I left, but I'll keep that to myself because it wasn't mature and it wasn't nice at all. It was better than what I was going to do, though...
Oh no you di'nt.

The cheese you cut should have been on the pizza.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:50 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,731,415 times
Hasn't Gretalia's been gone for a little while now? I liked that place.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:13 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,348,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Hey rd, don't go to Chick-Fil-A at AR on Wed night. Local elementary school doing their fundraiser there. Trust me, you do NOT wanna be there! (I don't wanna be there, but I got to. )

Am I getting old, or what? My daughter's birthday is in a coupla weeks. I need to plan a birthday party for her, like YESTERDAY! But I can't stand the thought of 20-30 running, screaming, crazed 6-7 years running thru my house. Or WAY worse yet, going to Chuck E's or Mr. Gatti's or Incredible or.......... Ugh!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa............ <meltdown moment>
OK...I AM old and this was a few years ago, but we took our kiddos to Skateland on Bandara Rd often for Birthday parties....the kids were BUSY skating, got exercise and were tired and ready to go home after a while, and ate their food good when it was time because of the exercise....win, win for this old broad back in the day!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:31 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,304,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Oh no you di'nt.

The cheese you cut should have been on the pizza.
No! That would've been an unfair attack on everyone in the place, especially after eating that trash.. Did anyone else eat there last night? It has been killing me ever since and doesn't appear to be stopping any time soon. Never again!

BTW, my two original ideas was to hit her in the back of the head with the roll of paper towels as I left (they were at the table near the exit) or throw my used paper towels at her and tell her she forgot a few.. The first one would probably be assault and the second one was probably what I should've done..

Old 02-01-2009, 07:48 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,336,283 times
Quote:
If I ever say I'm going to Double Dave's again, someone please stop me. I went there today and it was beyond disappointing. The price is now $9.90 per person and the quality of the pizza and salad is far below Cici's if you ask me and they are half the price. There was also no clean tables and it was so loud from the TV and the people. The worst part was some stupid lady stole my roll of paper towels when I went up to get some salad. She saw me sitting there, but obviously didn't care. I got her back when I left, but I'll keep that to myself because it wasn't mature and it wasn't nice at all. It was better than what I was going to do, though...
If we go to DD's, it's because our 4 yr old is with us and wants to play on the playground. I think the pizza is terrible, the salad bar is sub par. Blech. I'd rather go to Romes and enjoy my food minus the hoopla. The last time we went to the Potranco DD's, it was filthy, it was so packed that you could hardly find a place to sit, too many kids were unsupervised, and worst of all they RAN OUT OF PIZZA. We had to wait like 15 minutes for new pizza as said son was whining about playing outside. Then, when there WAS fresh pizza, the pizza hogs showed up and put (no lie) like 10 pieces on their plates. Now, if others are waiting...why waste like that? I hate that place.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:46 PM

that's exactly like last night, except I had that added bonus of a rude paper towel stealing lady..
I think it was the clientele that ruined this one.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:59 PM

It was like that the one and only time I got dragged there. Like I said, I don't like their pizza and the stromboli and the salad bar are weak. I went when it was fairly new, and no one was bothering to clean tables--it was busy, but the tables weren't being cleaned off to make room for the next round of guests, they ran out of pizza, kids were running amok (and I had two with me that night so I'm not a hater)........I've seen enough and don't want to ever go back. And it's sad that Cici's IS a little better.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 AM

anyone know when the Jack in the Box is opening? My wife and daughter stopped by it yesterday and said it's really nice inside. They also said there's a fireplace, which I found strange, but interesting.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:44 AM

314 posts, read 722,642 times
I think they are putting up the sign right now so it should be soon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio