U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 03:29 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,571,092 times

Advertisements

Whoohooo! The movers JUST finished around 3pm and we managed to miss the rain. Been sitting in my new home-away-from-home RV and got a very nice relaxing shower just now...but it too stopped in time for kiddo to walk home from schoool!
I should buy a lotto ticket!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 03:43 PM

11,929 posts, read 12,799,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
Whoohooo! The movers JUST finished around 3pm and we managed to miss the rain. Been sitting in my new home-away-from-home RV and got a very nice relaxing shower just now...but it too stopped in time for kiddo to walk home from school!
I should buy a lotto ticket!
Your staying in an RV!!?? Cool! What did ya get?? Details please.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:55 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,289,640 times
I saw one of those RV's that looks like a Greyhound bus today and it was pulling a Range Rover. I'm guessing they don't have any idea how to rough it

Old 05-29-2009, 09:38 PM
djw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Your staying in an RV!!?? Cool! What did ya get?? Details please.
I borrowed a friend's fifth wheel. I'd guess it's about 30'? Nothing too fancy, but it's cheaper than an apartment, and it's furnished! And no extra charge for the cats! Though I may be finding a kennel if these two don't stop their 4am antics! It was funny when we had 2700 sqft, now it's just torture.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:10 AM

do they like giving you good morning kisses? my dogs do it all the time when I'm trying to take an afternoon nap. Not pleasant at all..

Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 PM
djw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
do they like giving you good morning kisses? my dogs do it all the time when I'm trying to take an afternoon nap. Not pleasant at all..
Hahaha, no morning kisses. The bigger/older one will NOT let me sleep in. But that's nothing new. She's gonna be fed at 7am and 3pm no matter where we are.
What wakes me up at 4am probably has something to do with the racket the little one makes while attempting her hi-wire act in the bathroom!
Attached Thumbnails
Potranco & 1604 Part II-sspx0103.jpg  

Old 05-30-2009, 07:40 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
Hahaha, no morning kisses. The bigger/older one will NOT let me sleep in. But that's nothing new. She's gonna be fed at 7am and 3pm no matter where we are.
What wakes me up at 4am probably has something to do with the racket the little one makes while attempting her hi-wire act in the bathroom!
I'z in ur vertical blinds, gettin' horizontal on you.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:40 PM

ahh yes, cats.. I used to have some and they are crafty creatures. I doubt I ever get another one, though. My dogs are my best friends no matter what. Even on a day like today when I've been telling them to shut up all day long, they're still right next to me and all five tails will be wagging if I turn around.
and back to Potranco/1604, or at least that area. Where did all that stuff behind the Valero by Stevens come from? I guess I haven't been there in a while because I've never seen any of that. and who actually buys stuff at a Valero anyhow? that stuff makes the food and drinks in the Louvre look cheap

Old 05-30-2009, 07:47 PM
djw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
ahh yes, cats.. I used to have some and they are crafty creatures. I doubt I ever get another one, though. My dogs are my best friends no matter what. Even on a day like today when I've been telling them to shut up all day long, they're still right next to me and all five tails will be wagging if I turn around.
and back to Potranco/1604, or at least that area. Where did all that stuff behind the Valero by Stevens come from? I guess I haven't been there in a while because I've never seen any of that. and who actually buys stuff at a Valero anyhow? that stuff makes the food and drinks in the Louvre look cheap
That place is always packed with kids from Stevens. I wanna know where they get the cash! That's some allowance! My son said a lot of the kids that get to leave for lunch go to all the sandwich shops around there. But he's not known anyone that tried the game place or the driving school.

Oh and to keep the RV/pets post relevant to the thread...we're in the RV park near Stevens High School.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:55 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,433,607 times
Oh gosh rd...I think that stuff has been there probably for going on close to 6 months to a year(ish)? I'm trying to remember...my daughter got her driving permit back in January and we were actually contemplating sending her to that driving school there. So yeah...I guess at least 6 months or so.

djw...How is that RV park? I've got friends who keep talking about coming to visit and they have an RV they'd bring down and stay in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio