U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 02:32 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,433,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
hope to hear a positive review of the GG tomorrow
Well I'm no food connoisseir but I'll be sure to post. I'm usually pretty happy so long as I don't have to cook!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 03:25 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
I hear 'ya on that one. Today is boneless Thursday at BWW and that is what we are having for dinner
I think I'm going to order a few bone-in for me, though, because I like them a lot more.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,571,234 times
Quote:
I hear 'ya on that one. Today is boneless Thursday at BWW and that is what we are having for dinner
I think I'm going to order a few bone-in for me, though, because I like them a lot more.
mmmm, yummy. Was wondering what I wanted for dinner! I think that's it.
But I'll be ordering ahead and picking up, that place gets crazy busy sometimes, huh?

Old 06-04-2009, 03:38 PM

yep, I'm ordering it in around 8 minutes so my wife can pick it up in about a half hour

Old 06-05-2009, 03:20 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,433,838 times
I tried posting this once, so am trying again. If my original appears, I apologize for the duplicate.

So went to the Ghengis Grill today for lunch and the place was PACKED! I thought it was "friends/family day" but my daughter said that people were pulling up because they saw people eating and the employees were told not to turn anyone away. Food was good...I have no complaints. Waitstaff was very attentive to everything. Even those who weren't my server made sure everything was fine.

So all those people today...got free meals. Not sure about the dinner shift though...so those who are interested may want to swing by to check them out.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:29 PM

that's quite a few +'s they have going so far

I'll definitely give them a try after they've been open a while. I drove by it today and the JJ looked like it was about ready to open as well. Some Mongolian and a fruit smoothy would sound great any day but today. I just stuffed myself at Marie Callendar's for lunch and any food is sounding really bad right now..

BTW, the Caribbean Jerk at BWW is absolutely disgusting. I love jerk and my wife's family is great with any Jamaican foods (being Jamaican probably helps), but this stuff was not jerk at all. There was definitely curry, but it wasn't good at all and there was no fruit anything mixed in. That's not how Caribbean food is supposed to be.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 PM

4,080 posts, read 6,084,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptdad View Post
Hey y'all.... I'm new to the thread, great info here! On the food front, I noticed yesterday there's 2 new spots coming to bust our guts. Thai Hut is installing signs on the strip mall across from the CVS at Potranco and Ellison. Also, there's signs for a Shipley's donuts (FINALLY) going in at 151 & Potranco near the Kennedy's pizza joint!!
I sincerely hope that this Shipleys has better hours than the one on Bandera Rd. They don't open early and they don't stay open late.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:55 PM

4,080 posts, read 6,084,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
I'm sure you've had a heck of a week with the crazy schedule the kids had! Going in late, leaving early, roaming the parking lot and streets at all hours. It was nuts driving around there. Tomorrow is the last day of school!!
Yeah, I can't wait.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:23 AM

they don't? with the huge military presence out here, you would hope they'd figure out that a LOT of us are out the door by at least 6:00 AM and a LOT of us bring donuts into work. If not, maybe someone should inform their corporate office of the millions of dollars they'll be losing by sleeping in and going to bed early.
and BWW = Buffalo Wild Wings. Some people call them BW3, but those are up north and they are a million times better.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:56 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,334,486 times
Quote:
they don't? with the huge military presence out here, you would hope they'd figure out that a LOT of us are out the door by at least 6:00 AM and a LOT of us bring donuts into work. If not, maybe someone should inform their corporate office of the millions of dollars they'll be losing by sleeping in and going to bed early.
and BWW = Buffalo Wild Wings. Some people call them BW3, but those are up north and they are a million times better.
I agree! Couldn't rep ya though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio