Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 02:24 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times

Advertisements

the city/state needs to just tell people that move to stupid locations to get bent. If you're too stupid to research a location and not notice that you are locked in to turning only one way, you need to just end it now and give the rest of us a better world..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 04:39 PM

314 posts, read 832,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Not happy to see another red light going up on 1604, between Potranco and Marbach. This area is going to become like Braun, New G, and Shanefield traffic. Why can we not get some overpasses built? Wonder how much fuel we would save if not sitting in traffic? How would that improve the ozone alert days?
I agree that is totally unnecessary and will screw up the flow!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,224 times
Default we are just getting back what was taken away

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
the city/state needs to just tell people that move to stupid locations to get bent. If you're too stupid to research a location and not notice that you are locked in to turning only one way, you need to just end it now and give the rest of us a better world..
1604 was only 2 lanes when we built our house and we had a crossover then when they made it 4 lanes they took our crossover away. thats why txdot is making the light to give us what they took away from us a long time ago.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:08 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debirdsrt4 View Post
1604 was only 2 lanes when we built our house and we had a crossover then when they made it 4 lanes they took our crossover away. thats why txdot is making the light to give us what they took away from us a long time ago.
Maybe, but they're screwing the rest of us.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:17 PM

872 posts, read 1,855,772 times
Quote:
Same with us that use Westcreek Oaks...should we put another light there too?

Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times
Currently traffic flow from Westcreek to Hwy 90 great in the morning due to school being out. Wait until school starts and that light is operational. I'll have to leave no later than 6:30am to get N of Downtown by 8:00am

Isn't putting that light up just the opposite of what they are considering on Hwy 281 where traffic will turn right then do a U-Turn ?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:48 AM

314 posts, read 832,138 times
Quote:
They would have been better off putting a small "frontage" road from your subdivision to Marbach...

Old 07-19-2009, 10:42 AM

Good Morning- Off and on for several years my son and I would frequent the Guys and Dolls on Potranco. I haven't used them since I statred cutting my own hair since it is now shorter.

Yesterday afternoon after work at his summer job my Son stopped by for haircut. This morning over breakfast he told us of some disturbibg news. The person that cut his hair was dirt ugly and was very flirtatious and asked several sexual related questions. My Son is a good looking young man but that it uncalled for. He just wanted to get the heck out of there. He had suspicions that this person was a guy but with the hair and make up he just thought he was an ugly girl. These weirdo's can be hard to spot.

I am currently waiting for a call from one of the owners. I explained everything to the young girl and informed her that I can still file a complaint with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation in Austin iven though this was not a sanitary issue. I'm at an advantage since I know several people up there. I would call them directly instead of an on line complaint. I also know the local Investigator here in town. What I will ask for is his haircut be corrected since there was more flirting than cutting and for a FULL refund. I'm certain they will find it odd that I know about the TDLR and the fact that I have friends up there.

I'll let you all know what happens. Oh, by the way this guy's name is GiGi. Watch your Son's especially if they go by themselves. The dude is off today.

Last edited by wellguy; 07-19-2009 at 11:05 AM..

Old 07-19-2009, 11:49 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
wellguy ~ I'm honestly curious as to what licensing regulations this stylist violated? Would you mind filling me in? I find it hard to believe that being transgendered or a transdresser would be against regulations. However, I could see that flirting and sexually suggestive speech sounds potentially against "the rules" (esp. since, if I remember correctly, your son is underage). I just wonder if you and your son would have been quite so offended if this person had been a highly attractive female????

Old 07-19-2009, 12:24 PM

Jules07 - No actually my Son is 19 and yes he can handle this himself but as his parent and the FACT that this person (I wont tell you what I want to call him) acted improper I have selected to get involved. If I were a horses ass I would handle this myself and I assure you I would not have harmed the guy. Just a Good Old Texas Chewing Out.

Picture this, We have a nice looking Son who was raised in a Catholic and Lutheran home. He attended Catholic Schools from 4 to 18, is very polite and respectful, tolerant, etc. He was patient with the dude since he walked into the place to get a haircut after a long day at his job. Well I guess none of this matters. I admire him for his tolerance.

To be honest with you I do not know if the guy broke any Licensing Rules /Regulations. Although I can find out in the morning. I wanted to make it clear to them that I know they are licesned by the State , etc. The Manager in charge did ask me not to call Austin so maybe there is something he violated.

To answer your last question I can tell you that Yes he would have been offended if he was a she. He has experienced that before and did not appreciate it. Not that he is our Son but he would be any respectable girls ideal boyfriend. I deal with the public everyday and I too would find that offensive.

The guy will meet his own doom one of these days when he walks out into the parking lot and he gets the crap beat out of him. In other words he will offend the wrong person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio