Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 12:40 PM

184 posts, read 462,095 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what happend to the Kids Playtime on Potranco?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 07:44 PM

85 posts, read 329,751 times
I have a smile from ear to ear after reading that a Carl's JR might be opening at 151 and Ingram and at the Alamo Ranch. IMO their burgers are a major upgrade of what we have right now. A week ago I tried their Teriyaki Burger, hmm so good. I might just drive over there to get one. I usually go to the one on 35 at the loves truck stop. I wish they would've built one on 1604 and potranco, but I'll drive to the one at 151 and ingram.

About that light on 1604 pass marbach. It doesn't seem right. I haven't seen any workers like in a week. But are they even planing to built a lane to turn left on either side. Right now it doesn't seem like there's going to be one but they sure need to built one or else we could see some accidents. They shouldve just built a turnaround lane with NO LIGHTS. I mean the only benefit I'm getting living in the wolf creek community is now if I'm coming from potranco I don't have to go to marbach to turnaround so it saves me probably half a mile of driving, maybe 3/4 of a mile, agh what the heck, a mile. Maybe I should send a petition to get another turnaround with a signal when you come down the hill so I avoid going all the way to potranco. God imagine those truckers that are loaded to cap. All that stopping and going.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:50 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobefor81 View Post
I have a smile from ear to ear after reading that a Carl's JR might be opening at 151 and Ingram and at the Alamo Ranch. IMO their burgers are a major upgrade of what we have right now. A week ago I tried their Teriyaki Burger, hmm so good. I might just drive over there to get one. I usually go to the one on 35 at the loves truck stop. I wish they would've built one on 1604 and potranco, but I'll drive to the one at 151 and ingram.

About that light on 1604 pass marbach. It doesn't seem right. I haven't seen any workers like in a week. But are they even planing to built a lane to turn left on either side. Right now it doesn't seem like there's going to be one but they sure need to built one or else we could see some accidents. They shouldve just built a turnaround lane with NO LIGHTS. I mean the only benefit I'm getting living in the wolf creek community is now if I'm coming from potranco I don't have to go to marbach to turnaround so it saves me probably half a mile of driving, maybe 3/4 of a mile, agh what the heck, a mile. Maybe I should send a petition to get another turnaround with a signal when you come down the hill so I avoid going all the way to potranco. God imagine those truckers that are loaded to cap. All that stopping and going.
Concur they need a turn lane. Speaking of which...is it so difficult to lengthen the turn lane at Shanefield for the North bound traffic????

Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,994 times
Not when they're making a fortune ticketing drivers using the shoulder for a lane.....

Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
everything is done for revenue here.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:52 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
everything is done for revenue here.
Yes, that's true. But at least we're not writng IOU's to every Tom, Dich, and Harry.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 AM

85 posts, read 329,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Concur they need a turn lane. Speaking of which...is it so difficult to lengthen the turn lane at Shanefield for the North bound traffic????
If they really wanted it, it wouldve been done by now. I guess it's in the plan but not their top priorites of project right now. I'm glad they cared about that nonsense light pass marbach. I think the worst time to go on 1604 by shanefield is 5-6 pm although since school is out is not that bad. They need to make that lane longer maybe make it start pass culebra or something. They also need to make a bridge so that the people that are going from the 151 to 1604 north they don't meet up at the culebra exit. And same for the people that are going from 1604 south to 151 so they don't meet with the people getting on 1604 from culebra. I actually had of dream of that. But never gonna happen I guess!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:55 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,078 times
Has anyone heard why the Ross over at 151/410 (next to Target) has the super huge trucks with the portable A/C systems blowing air through the building? A neighbor of mine was in another store a few doors down and asked what was going on and she was told that they (Ross) actually had their A/C unit stolen from the top of the roof? Seriously? Don't those things literally weigh...like a ton?

Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
wow! they really need to crack down on the people that purchase scrap metal. Then again it could be going south of the border where it's easier to find someone that doesn't care about silly laws..

Old 07-22-2009, 12:22 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
Has anyone heard why the Ross over at 151/410 (next to Target) has the super huge trucks with the portable A/C systems blowing air through the building? A neighbor of mine was in another store a few doors down and asked what was going on and she was told that they (Ross) actually had their A/C unit stolen from the top of the roof? Seriously? Don't those things literally weigh...like a ton?
And they've got 24 hr. security over there too !!! To steal an air conditioning unit off the top of a building takes an orchestrated effort by a number of people....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio