U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 09:36 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,363,858 times

Advertisements

That's Great. My Son is still there and he will be changing his schedule a bit due to school.

As you know I wish her the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 02:36 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,441,793 times
Aaaahhh, thanks wellguy. My daughter too has talked to the manager about her work schedule during the school year. She's taking several AP and dual credit classes this year so she's going to be very busy.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,716 times
FYI for everyone waiting like I am... Jamba Juice on Ingram and 151 will have their soft opening Friday Aug 7 from 10am-8pm. Then Grand Opening on Aug 20 with operating hours of: Mon-Fri 6am-9:30pm Sat and Sun 7am-9:30pm

Old 08-07-2009, 08:06 PM

22 posts, read 27,374 times
Default Suggestion for Best Buy Issue

Okay, check it out. I had issues with Best Buy and they pissed me off so bad that I found out who the CEO was (at the time it was a guy named Brad Anderson who retired recently) and wrote to him DIRECTLY. I received a reply from him the next day and he fixed my issue almost immediately. That's the benefit of almost every company having the standard firstname.lastname@theircompany.com email address. I guessed and wrote to brad.anderson@bestbuy.com, andersonb@bestbuy.com and banderson@bestbuy.com and one of those addresses got through. I suggest you give it a try. The new CEO for Best Buy is Brian J. Dunn. I've done that a few times and 2 out of 3 worked! Best Buy and Defense Finance worked, by Maxtor did not. Give it a try and post your results if you would.
Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
Ugh.....I just got off the phone with Best Buy Corporate (after a very unsuccessful attempt at getting relief from the Alamo Ranch store....

Here is my warning to you CD'ers....

Do not trust that the items they have on display at Best Buy (or anywhere else, probably) are safe to use.

DH and I were looking for an iphone/ipod dock/stereo so we could listen to our mp3's. We had a sales associate helping us and decided to put my phone on some of the display stereos that were hooked up and ready to use. The sales associate HELPED me set my phone in and - BZZZZT - the phone got fried! I mean crispy!

Obviously the iphone/ipod charger/dock was faulty. We took pics of the problems we exerpienced at the store (we tried to reboot the phone and it got stuck...) and video of it at home when it finally came online and I tried to charge it. The screen started scrolling and the phone got smoking' hot to the touch. Then it died - completely.

Best Buy says they are not liable for the damage done to my phone. I now have a very expensive paperweight.....

Please don't let this happen to you. Don't test anything at a store unless you want to risk it getting destroyed!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:41 PM

22 posts, read 27,374 times
All right, I don't know who let the cows out, but every night the past week, the cops have been out along Potranco between Grosenbacher and Talley trying to scare the cows back to their corral. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT ALONG THE ROAD!!!! These cows have apparently "flown the coop" because of the new construction going on and they found a hole in the fence. Although it's a nice change for this Italian guy from NJ to see wildlife in this neck of the woods, the po-po sireeens and lights are keeping me awake! Seriously though, please be careful when driving on Potranco between Grosenbacher and Talley. Sin

Old 08-07-2009, 09:17 PM

604 posts, read 1,372,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesinatra View Post
All right, I don't know who let the cows out, but every night the past week, the cops have been out along Potranco between Grosenbacher and Talley trying to scare the cows back to their corral. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT ALONG THE ROAD!!!! These cows have apparently "flown the coop" because of the new construction going on and they found a hole in the fence. Although it's a nice change for this Italian guy from NJ to see wildlife in this neck of the woods, the po-po sireeens and lights are keeping me awake! Seriously though, please be careful when driving on Potranco between Grosenbacher and Talley. Sin
Yep- my husband was out bike riding on Thursday night and came across two cows in that same spot. He said he called it in and then waited for the cops to arrive, not sure why they dont just make the construction company fix the fence.......but yes- be careful!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:19 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,355,404 times
Wow, I just drove down there tonight on my way to work. Glad I didn't come across any of them.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:57 AM

Good Morning,

Has anyone heard of a Walgreens and NISD Elementary School to be built at the corner of Potranco and Grosenbacher? Walgreens owns the SW Corner but I don't see anything that shows if Northside owns any property in the area. Bexar Appraisal's information may not be current.

They do have plans to build Liech Elementary School in this area.

Thanks

Old 08-09-2009, 03:03 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,355,404 times
A Walgreens has been on the books for while, but a new elementary school or middle school does not make any sense because there are already one of each on the other side of Potranco. I did notice a lot of development going on last time I drove down Grossenbacher, so maybe they'll need yet another school to support them.
You'd have to be a fool to build down there, though. That area floods bad when it rains and you know there's going to be some torrential rains coming to make up for this drought crap we've been experiencing.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:46 PM

rd2007- It strck me as odd also. Before posting I looked on the NISD webpage and found that the school I was speaking of has not yet started and the site was not selected. I don't know how current that information is.

Yes whenever we are Blessed with rain I feel like you that it will really RAIN. I don't know why TXDOT (State Maintained since it is a Farm to Market Road) has not improved the situation down by WalMart. Maybe they are going to wait until they widen it. Can you imagine the mess then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio