U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 PM

47 posts, read 78,196 times

Advertisements

From SA Business Journal:

International Hospitality Development Alliances is planning to build an 83-room Microtel Inns & Suites at Loop 1604 and Dove Canyon Road, about two miles from Sea World of San Antonio.
The new $7 million hotel is being built by Galaxy Commercial Services of San Antonio and will consist of single and double rooms as well as suite accommodations.

Seems this could tie in with the Costco/Lowes/Bestbuy development projected south of Walmart.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 08:42 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,346,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptdad View Post
From SA Business Journal:

International Hospitality Development Alliances is planning to build an 83-room Microtel Inns & Suites at Loop 1604 and Dove Canyon Road, about two miles from Sea World of San Antonio.
The new $7 million hotel is being built by Galaxy Commercial Services of San Antonio and will consist of single and double rooms as well as suite accommodations.

Seems this could tie in with the Costco/Lowes/Bestbuy development projected south of Walmart.....
At Dove Canyon Road??? What a view...a bunch of very large electric power poles. I guess land is cheap there.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:53 PM

2,216 posts, read 3,982,829 times
I don't think you check into microtel expecting a great view. Its more of a clean decent place to stay but thats a bout it.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:35 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,433,607 times
TWC out and been out for about 5 hours now (Potranco/151). I hate having to use my blackberry to use the web. Also lights at Potranco and Ellison out when we went through there about an hour and a half ago. Not sure if they are back on so be careful if you have to go through there because all the drivers around me were clueless. Saw several cars run thru intersection and some just sat there forever. 4-way stop people.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:18 PM

2,216 posts, read 3,982,829 times
Woman Beaten, Robbed While Shopping - San Antonio News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/news/22056196/detail.html - broken link)

crazy world!

Old 12-24-2009, 10:53 PM

4,080 posts, read 6,083,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
TWC out and been out for about 5 hours now (Potranco/151). I hate having to use my blackberry to use the web. Also lights at Potranco and Ellison out when we went through there about an hour and a half ago. Not sure if they are back on so be careful if you have to go through there because all the drivers around me were clueless. Saw several cars run thru intersection and some just sat there forever. 4-way stop people.
The traffic lights at Potranco & Ellison were out for most of the day. I went through that intersection several times today and noticed the civility of all vehicle drivers by stopping and letting cross-traffic go. Didn't see anyone run the intersection. If you went through that intersection today and was in the spirit of the moment and stopped for cross-traffic...THANK YOU !!! A little courtesy went a long way...... (BTW they were back to flashing red all the way 'round at 9:00 pm)

Old 12-25-2009, 05:56 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,334,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
Woman Beaten, Robbed While Shopping - San Antonio News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/news/22056196/detail.html - broken link)

crazy world!
That sounds like a very similar description to the people who robbed the mom and daughter at the HEB at Bandera Rd that someone posted about a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't it? White vehicle, two males and a female. Those people were caught though. I doubt they will be caught...that makes me angry when I hear things like this.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:57 AM

1,668 posts, read 3,351,360 times
Do any of you know of a Good Dentist is the area. I do have Dental Insurance (Met Life) but there is always out of pocket expenses. I would like (just like all of us) a Dentist that does good work and is affordable.

Thanks.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:30 AM

242 posts, read 592,598 times
We have gone to Potranco Family Dental in the HEB shoppig center. Very friendly and patient, explain everything, talk to you about payment plans for out-of-pocket expenses. We are dental-phobics, and they have always treated us wonderfully.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:56 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,289,640 times
I have heard good things about the dentist by Papa John's and that little Sears appliance store thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio