Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,521,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I have heard good things about the dentist by Papa John's and that little Sears appliance store thing.

"Westover Family Dentistry" ~ we've been going there and are QUITE impressed! With so many people in our family, it can be pretty catastrophic if the billing person in the office doesn't understand your insurance correctly (believe me, we've been there! ). At this office, tho, they've explained things very well and even broken down our "out of pocket" amount into a coupla payments. The dentist is very nice and explains everything he's doing. One daughter will be starting her orthodontics there soon. We really like them. Only problem has been the condescending attitude about us not flossing enough from the hygienist. (But I guess we deserve that. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 02:27 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,532,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
"Westover Family Dentistry" ~ we've been going there and are QUITE impressed! With so many people in our family, it can be pretty catastrophic if the billing person in the office doesn't understand your insurance correctly (believe me, we've been there! ). At this office, tho, they've explained things very well and even broken down our "out of pocket" amount into a coupla payments. The dentist is very nice and explains everything he's doing. One daughter will be starting her orthodontics there soon. We really like them. Only problem has been the condescending attitude about us not flossing enough from the hygienist. (But I guess we deserve that. )
Jules, that is where my family goes also. We have never had trouble with insurance there and they have been very nice about the fact that I am scared to death of them.

We also get the flossing speech, I think EVERYONE gets it! lol

Old 01-01-2010, 11:24 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,823,729 times
Thank you all for the information.

We have gone to Monarch, now Castle Dental (I think) for many years but lately they have provided poor service and we are being sent bills for something that is paid by the Insurance. When they are called they always reverse the charges. Maybe they are thinking we won't question the statement and that we will just pay it.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:53 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,397,160 times
Another vote for Westover from me too. Dr. Leune also owns Lemon Tree in Alamo Ranch, and has another branch opening on the far NE side, so they're obviously doing things right!

We were treated very well there every time. My wife chipped a tooth not long ago and they did everything they could to make her comfortable. A+ in my book!

Also, a little farther down Potranco is Vandenberg Orthodontics, they are also recommended! They're by Paul Revere's pizza and Sazon...

Old 01-02-2010, 08:31 PM

Although 151 /410 is a bit away The Mattress Firm (fronting 151) is that area is GREAT. We decided to purchase a new bed for our Son and were going to go three places, Mattress Firm, Sears, Macy's. all were having great sales. We do our best to shop around but it only took one stop, the first (Mattress Firm) Great Service and Prices. The Sales Girl was extremely sharp when it came to beds. We bought a Queen Size for him and I passed on the $69.00 delivery charge. She must have impressed my Wife (she handles all the money) since we did not travel to the Mall. I Thanked the Young Lady for that.

Buying a new bed is not first on my list as a way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

*Thank you all again for the Dental Office suggestions. I appreciate it very much.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:09 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,624,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Although 151 /410 is a bit away The Mattress Firm (fronting 151) is that area is GREAT. We decided to purchase a new bed for our Son and were going to go three places, Mattress Firm, Sears, Macy's. all were having great sales. We do our best to shop around but it only took one stop, the first (Mattress Firm) Great Service and Prices. The Sales Girl was extremely sharp when it came to beds. We bought a Queen Size for him and I passed on the $69.00 delivery charge. She must have impressed my Wife (she handles all the money) since we did not travel to the Mall. I Thanked the Young Lady for that.

Buying a new bed is not first on my list as a way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

*Thank you all again for the Dental Office suggestions. I appreciate it very much.
Wow! A queen size bed for a kid? All I got was a twin while still living at home. Have kids gotten that much bigger?

Old 01-03-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Wow! A queen size bed for a kid? All I got was a twin while still living at home. Have kids gotten that much bigger?
I know it may seem a little overboard. He is 6", and still growing. I probably stopped growing (height) into my early twenties. We highly considered an extra long Twin Bed and then a Full Size.

We pondered it (My Wife and I) for some time. Although he has the second largest Bedroom it may be a challenge for us to make it fit.

He'll take it with him when he moves out after College or we'll keep it as a Guest Bed. Just our luck and he will be the Guest.

I know how you feel since I had a twin bed until I moved out at 19 to Enlist in the USCG.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:30 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,173,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I have heard good things about the dentist by Papa John's and that little Sears appliance store thing.
Apparently the Sears place is closed. (I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same place here ). My parents bought a microwave/oven combo from there in mid December. It was never delivered and they even started making payments already. They went to the store and it was pad locked and had signs saying they didn't pay the rent.
So, my parents go to Sears in Boerne and the people were VERY helpful. My parents gave him the receipt and he said "this is weird, according to this you picked up the oven the day of the sale".

It is a mess and I'm sure that my parents are in for a few headaches before it gets straightened out.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:57 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,397,160 times
Shotokan Karate and Fitness is having a Grand Opening on the 16th! By JITB in Madison's Market.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:30 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,521,162 times
Is anyone sick of the semi trucks that park in the walmart area overnight? Sometimes when you go there (say rush hour evenings) to go to walmart or the gas station you cant even get thru because there are about four trucks parked for the night over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio