U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 AM

7,650 posts, read 8,103,779 times

Advertisements

I realize this isnt the thread for this, but I would prefer to not shop at Walmart either. Was so much better when Albertson's, Kroger, and Handy Andy were still around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 12:53 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,352,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I realize this isnt the thread for this, but I would prefer to not shop at Walmart either. Was so much better when Albertson's, Kroger, and Handy Andy were still around.
How ironic...all casualties of HEB.

HEB + needs to get out of the non-food business, then you'll have lots of wide aisles and room for more food choices. I don't go to HEB to buy furniture or electronics.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:32 PM

522 posts, read 990,471 times
a little off topic, but we thought the bikes in the middle of the WINE isles was absolutely hilarious. we were out of town for a week (and then couldn't get to the market as week after that) for most of the remodeling it seems. were quite surprised to see what had happened. i hoe the end result will make a lot more sense than it does right now.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:27 AM

47 posts, read 78,260 times
Default What are they building?

Hey everyone.... was curious to see if anyone knows what's being built in a couple spots along Potranco.

1) There is a fairly large construction site behind the strip mall on the southwest side of Potranco and Ellison. Is it an expansion of the Baptist Church or something else?

2) Next door to Freddy's Custard looks to be a fast food place perhaps? (shocking... i know)

Old 05-14-2010, 12:26 PM

8 posts, read 13,815 times
heading home in a bit...I am assuming Potranco is flooded over by the Walmart..can anybody confirm?

Old 05-14-2010, 01:10 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,292,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrenek View Post
heading home in a bit...I am assuming Potranco is flooded over by the Walmart..can anybody confirm?
Sorry, can't confirm. But I would almost guarantee.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:14 PM

872 posts, read 1,633,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrenek View Post
Yep, its closed...as of about 10 minutes ago.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:53 AM

94 posts, read 322,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I am sick to death of HEB period. I refuse to shop there (specifically the Potranco "+") and it is sad that it now relegates me to Walmart.
IMO why would anyone chose walmart over HEB+, for food. They have a much better deli and their meat/seafood is pretty good. Walmart has better prices on some non food stuff though

Old 05-16-2010, 06:55 AM

94 posts, read 322,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Is anyone else sick to death of the remodeling of HEB+??!! It seems like it's been going on for WEEKS now! I'm sure hoping that it'll be worth it, but right now I'm pretty frustrated. They're now doing the frozen foods section, and a coupla things we bought last night had obviously thawed and been refrozed. Ugh.
I liked it better before the remodel

Old 05-16-2010, 07:31 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,347,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo78253 View Post
I liked it better before the remodel
I just refuse to go back in there until they complete it, but I am with you...I have to wonder WTH they were thinking with the changes I see so far. It is just INSANE in there, you can't find anything, and it seems to me they are trying to make it a dept store with more clothing...why??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio