U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 03:27 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,079,341 times

Advertisements

Cool Crest was affordable housing in the seventies. You could buy a lot with electricity and water. Buy a mobile home either new or used and live there very reasonably and not far from stores and downtown. You could eventually build a home and haul off the mobile one. Or buy a better one. I don't think you can do that anywhere else anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 02:28 PM

25 posts, read 51,640 times
Any other new construction projects or rumors for the area? I've seen land clearing at 1604 & Military and 1604 & Marbach (apparently a gas station). Anyone have a good rundown of these and any future projects that will actually happen? Any new projects on Potranco outside 1604?

Thanks!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM

5,142 posts, read 11,484,407 times
I've seen some construction digging happening on Potranco and Dugas. Curious on this project as well.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,424 times
I asked a worker about 1604 and Marbach and they said it was a CVS, so not sure about the gas station

Old 07-13-2011, 05:29 PM

674 posts, read 1,621,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I've seen some construction digging happening on Potranco and Dugas. Curious on this project as well.
I thought they were just expanding the road?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedMalcontent View Post
i think what i noticed the most, personally, was that in sa it practically takes an aggressive hoa to keep a neighborhood looking nice. at least, that seems to be the complaint. back in my hometown, there were very few hoa's (gated communities were the ones that mostly had them, that might have changed by now though) and the worst neighborhood there tended to look a lot better than the best mid-range neighborhood here, as far as general maintenance of the property and neighborhood upkeep is concerned. not to belabor the point, sa isn't the only city i've been to with this phenomenon. but just to say i've felt the same way, wcresident. it's almost surreal sometimes.
I agree with both PPs. We've been here 2 years now. I was so excited to come home to TX (I grew up in central TX), and I can't wait to leave SA. This is the trashiest city I've lived in. I don't understand why people don't take more pride in this city.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:01 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,079,341 times
Everybodies gone away- said they're going to L.A. -said this town will waste your time--Guess thats right it's wasting mine. Some gotta win some gotta lose--Good time Charlie's got the blues

Old 07-13-2011, 06:18 PM

5,142 posts, read 11,484,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche111e View Post
I thought they were just expanding the road?
There are no construction cones out or work crew. It's on the actual land that has the Potranco Shopping center with the Church's, Pet's Barn, etc. They've also fenced in this area and there is a contractor sign out.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
There are no construction cones out or work crew. It's on the actual land that has the Potranco Shopping center with the Church's, Pet's Barn, etc. They've also fenced in this area and there is a contractor sign out.
Oh, my mistake!! I was thinking a little farther down the road, right before 151.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,588,579 times
Whatever it is I am sure it'll be tagged up in no time at all. It is pissing me off that there is graffitti all up and down Potranco especially by the wall in front of Stevens by the strip mall. That is just one area. I used to see police all the time. Now, not so much. Not that police really do much in this city anyhow in reference to tagging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio