U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 06:45 PM

160 posts, read 284,062 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what's being built by the miniature golf course near Military and 151? I'm referring to the building that currently looks like a big warehouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 09:06 PM

5,142 posts, read 11,445,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadStreet/PattisonAve View Post
What's being built in front of the Church's Chicken on Pontranco?
Not sure; that was my question as well a few pages back.
It might be a gas station...they are digging pretty deep into the ground to maybe install the gas storage tanks.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:44 PM

239 posts, read 387,375 times
Hey everyone! I have lived in this area (1604 and potranco) for about a year now and i love it! I just hope that it continues to grow somewhere to the scale of 1604 and Culebra. Anyone know what else is going to be going up soon in our area? I know they have that "future retail" space up for sale right behind walmart. I hope that grows soon

Old 08-02-2011, 08:24 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,582,633 times
Well....HEB Plus did it to me again. Seriously the last 10 times, not exaggerating, they have not had items stocked that I need. They aren't outlandish items either. Today they were out of fat-free cottage cheese and heads of lettuce. Last time it was protein shakes and coffee creamer. Time before that it was coffee and shaving cream. I have spoken with mgmt and gone that route and it is still lousy over there. I honestly have found myself at 1604/Culebra lately b/c they are always in stock of the everyday items I need. Anyone else experience this at Potranco?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 AM

177 posts, read 317,059 times
That HEB "Plus" went downhill about two years after it was built. We always complained, too... they got rid of bulk items and added the tacky clothing area. We were told they had to change to reflect the socio-economics of the area... which tells you a lot. Always ended up driving way over to Central Market.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 AM

That is when I noticed it starting to slip as well. Showed up to get my almonds from the bins and they had vanished. Economics of the area? Let those people go to the Marbach one then. Very frustrating to say the least. I like Central market, but it is just way too far. Culebra is okay if you get there early.

Last edited by The Black Irish; 08-02-2011 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: yup

Old 08-02-2011, 09:38 AM

184 posts, read 408,658 times
So if your favorite store does not have an item you want on a certain day it is going downhill? Maybe the vendor they get the item from is having problems with that certain item. I do not think in anyway that the HEB Plus off Potranco is going downhill as some of you say. Take that HEB Plus away and see how many of you beg to have it back.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:39 AM

If you read what we are saying this isn't an isolated scenario. They completely abolished the bulk items only to replace them with clothing. My post states that there have been items missing the past ten, probably more, times I have been there. If HEB was having issues with vendors then I most likely would not be able to find it at other stores. Coffee creamer is a pretty simple item is it not??? When I have talked to the store director he has not mentioned vendor issues. They take out higher priced items so that certain SES clientele can come in there and shop. Take a step back next time you are in there and look at what is on the shelves and what is missing from the shelves. And yes I would want it back not b/c I just love shopping there, but b/c HEB is notorious for abandoning buildings for decades and nothing else can move into the building especially a competitor. They have SA by the balls and they know it. All I am saying is keep your shelves stocked!

Old 08-02-2011, 11:12 AM

177 posts, read 317,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodd View Post
So if your favorite store does not have an item you want on a certain day it is going downhill? Maybe the vendor they get the item from is having problems with that certain item. I do not think in anyway that the HEB Plus off Potranco is going downhill as some of you say. Take that HEB Plus away and see how many of you beg to have it back.
Maybe you never saw it when it first opened? There is a huge difference compared to now.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:50 AM

74 posts, read 207,100 times
I have noticed a change in the HEB as well. HOWEVER, I don't think that it is gone down to the level that others have suggested. It's clear that the model that they started out with wasn't performing in the area. (I blame Walmart.) Do I wish it was back the way it was? Absolutely, but I think it is fine, and I'm sure management will find a way to find a happy medium.

On a completely different note, I noticed there has been some land cleared next to the "fabulous" Madison's Market. Anyone have an idea what is going on over there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio