U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-30-2012, 02:49 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
11,629 posts, read 9,415,008 times
Reputation: 16672

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
A violin place, silly.
Seriously?? An entire store just selling violins??? And they will wonder why they went under.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-30-2012, 03:07 PM
 
241 posts, read 499,530 times
Reputation: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Seriously?? An entire store just selling violins??? And they will wonder why they went under.
That would seem to be a strange location for a violin store. Now a fiddle store might be a different story.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2012, 03:19 PM
 
3,060 posts, read 5,802,842 times
Reputation: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Seriously?? An entire store just selling violins??? And they will wonder why they went under.
Haha, they just opened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowBar View Post
That would seem to be a strange location for a violin store. Now a fiddle store might be a different story.
I'd imagine they'll have lessons, more instruments, etc. I think it's a good location, they're right across from Ott and Luna.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2012, 06:30 PM
 
3,468 posts, read 6,642,488 times
Reputation: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I'd imagine they'll have lessons, more instruments, etc. I think it's a good location, they're right across from Ott and Luna.
If they do rentals on string instruments, as well as repairs, they could be VERY busy! The closest place like that is High School Music @ Alamo Ranch, but we actually got my daughter's violin from Terra Nova near North Star Mall. I'll be eager to check this new place out!

There are LOTS of orchestra students in the middle and high schools in the area (and 5th graders at elementary schools). Could be a very profitable biz. I hope they are and they stay put!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
 
3,060 posts, read 5,802,842 times
Reputation: 1243
I'm going to swing by tomorrow and get some deets.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 07:38 PM
 
242 posts, read 488,313 times
Reputation: 152
Saw that the other day. Just it just sell violins, or lessons, or other instruments, or what? Never seen anything quite like it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 08:34 PM
 
3,060 posts, read 5,802,842 times
Reputation: 1243
I didn't get a chance to stop in today, sorry. Will try again tomorrow!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 PM
 
Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
855 posts, read 1,642,623 times
Reputation: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by amye1158 View Post
Saw that the other day. Just it just sell violins, or lessons, or other instruments, or what? Never seen anything quite like it.
There was a violin place right next to Dough pizza. I thought it was kind of weird but there is a boat place there too. Korean restaurant across the parking lot. My dentist is in that big building where the HEB credit union is. Maybe Koreans sail to the corner of Blanco and 410 to eat Pizza and buy violins!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 PM
 
3,468 posts, read 6,642,488 times
Reputation: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I didn't get a chance to stop in today, sorry. Will try again tomorrow!
What the heck??? All you do is sit at Starbucks and listen to Spotify all day anyway????
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 09:21 PM
 
3,468 posts, read 6,642,488 times
Reputation: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
There was a violin place right next to Dough pizza. I thought it was kind of weird but there is a boat place there too. Korean restaurant across the parking lot. My dentist is in that big building where the HEB credit union is. Maybe Koreans sail to the corner of Blanco and 410 to eat Pizza and buy violins!
Yep, Terra Nova. They are VERY helpful and knowledgable! (am I the only one who has a kid who plays violin??????????)

Korean place is da bomb, too!!!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2016, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top