U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 12:16 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,334,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
I'm so glad you two had a great evening!! And dd loved your son!! (And the pup!!) OH! And you guys overpaid her! She said, "oh man! My math skills were NOT working tonight! I need to give them some of this back!"

And no, sapphire, mojokitty neither looked or smelled like a monkey!! She looked absolutely beautiful!!!!
No way! We didn't overpay her! She was awesome and we look forward to her sitting for us again. Consider the pay a little tip especially for sitting on my big birthday and us coming home a bit late for a school night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 12:42 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
*can I babysit?

Old 05-29-2008, 01:03 PM

64 posts, read 283,965 times
Mojo, yes, my hubby can grill, smoke, bake anything. We get Southern Living, Paula Deen, Bon Apetit, Savuer, Organic Gardening, Cottage Living & Food & Wine Magazines. Sounds like were magazine junkies like you! I on the other hand, cannot cook. I can bake though.While I was in College I worked for a Diner & made all the cakes & pies you see in the display case.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:05 PM

64 posts, read 283,965 times
30 is young! I think women look their best in their 30's & 40's. Im 36 now & weve been married 10 years (together for 15 years). We are very happy. I love being married!

Old 05-29-2008, 01:10 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I have heard that your 30's are actually not bad and a lot of people say it was their favorite birthday. Much better than your 20's. My DH and I have been married 7 years now and still going strong. We got our son when I was 26, and we are still moving all over the place. I wonder what my 30's will bring....
oof, good thing I read that more than once.. somehow I saw loving the first time...

Old 05-29-2008, 01:44 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,334,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocgirl_13 View Post
Mojo, yes, my hubby can grill, smoke, bake anything. We get Southern Living, Paula Deen, Bon Apetit, Savuer, Organic Gardening, Cottage Living & Food & Wine Magazines. Sounds like were magazine junkies like you! I on the other hand, cannot cook. I can bake though.While I was in College I worked for a Diner & made all the cakes & pies you see in the display case.
I get Taste of Home, Light and Tasty, Cooking Light, Weight Watchers, Home and Garden, Food and Wine, and Bon Apetit. Then, I also tend to pick mags up here and there at the store. I'm thinking about getting Gourmet magazine too. My husband also gets entertainment weekly magazine and a world of magazines for his profession. Your husband sounds like me! I can do just about anything cooking wise. Your husband should teach my husband how to smoke though! I think his smoker leaks too much smoke and we aren't sure how to fix that. He can't seem to hold his temps very easily. I'm sure it just takes time to learn.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:30 AM
djw

951 posts, read 2,571,234 times
For anyone not reading the off-topic thread...
If you are in need of an internet cafe, the one on Potranco Rd is pretty neat. It's family owned (bonus!), offers hourly-rates for PC/Internet use, or you can bring your laptop for the wireless connect (it's cheaper that way). They also offer internet gaming and have X-Box w/ big flat screens for gaming. Bring your own games or use theirs.
They also offer/sale light snacks and drinks.
They will allow you to leave a teen-ish aged kid there while you get your nails done next door or run other errands. They are also having a lock-in next Friday for 13 and up.
Right now they open at noon, but the owner said hours may change depending on demand over the summer.

Just my plug for an family owned upstart. Hope they have a good summer!

I can't recall the name... Maybe Net Cafe? But it's on Potranco next to the kids playplace and near the Church's Chicken.

Last edited by djw; 05-31-2008 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 05-31-2008, 12:19 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,728,037 times
That's a great review - I was wondering about that place!

Old 06-04-2008, 09:20 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
There's a new vet/dog groomer on Potranco @ Ellison behind the Walgreens. They're not actually new, but a new location for what was Sharp Animal Hospital. I've been taking my chow to their groomer (Lorenzo) for years and this new location is so much better than the old one which was near Fudruckers on 410 south of Ingram. The building is brand new and Very nice inside. Lorenzo was really happy with it because his area is now all brand new and made specifically for him. I'd never seen him smile until today. Even my chow was happy, for a minute.. took her a little while to figure out this was another one of those not fun rides...

Old 06-04-2008, 09:51 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I get Taste of Home, Light and Tasty, Cooking Light, Weight Watchers, Home and Garden, Food and Wine, and Bon Apetit. Then, I also tend to pick mags up here and there at the store. I'm thinking about getting Gourmet magazine too. My husband also gets entertainment weekly magazine and a world of magazines for his profession. Your husband sounds like me! I can do just about anything cooking wise. Your husband should teach my husband how to smoke though! I think his smoker leaks too much smoke and we aren't sure how to fix that. He can't seem to hold his temps very easily. I'm sure it just takes time to learn.
One question: What do you do with all your magazines when you are finished with them? I only subscribe to a couple (Family Circle and JP) I don't even read the Family Circle, I only ordered it as a fund raiser from my daughter. I do recycle them but only after I have a huge stack of them that I am sick of looking at. I couldn't even imagine what I would do with as many mags as y'all are talking about.
Maybe I could donate them to a women's shelter or something???? I just hate to toss them out (to the recycle bin), some of them have never even been opened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio