U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-10-2008, 03:56 PM

3,060 posts, read 5,061,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
hmm, hopefully they get rid of the people. I just checked my banking and the amount was correct. I'm going to remember that square around the amount thing though, or I may just tip in cash only and draw a line through the tip. I already draw the line across it when I go to places that have a tip amount in the receipt for no reason. It's usually at pizza places and I'm not going to tip the person at the counter. They shouldn't include that portion on the receipt when it's a to-go order and not a delivery.
That's what I do. Cash tips are better for the employees anyhow, that's money in their hands THAT night, they don't have to wait for credit tips to make it through payroll. It's also more cash if they're under-reporting what they made...

I'll have to remember the box thing too - and to cross out the tip line when there really shouldn't be one. It makes sense in a way tho, their drivers are tipped employees, so their system is allowing for that income. But they should have it setup so that walk-ins, etc don't see that line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 03:58 PM

3,060 posts, read 5,061,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I second that for SURE!!! Went yesterday morning after my Dr Apt and picked up 2 lbs of their world famous Chicken Salad...mom, friend and I had a wonderful luncheon here at home (too much on my feet stuff after Dr Apt, parking, xrays, antibiotics rx) and have some to enjoy with my sister today when she comes over...that stuff is AWESOME....as is all their food!

We ate there today - it was early release for the young'n, so we took her out for lunch.

We also went to Carino's on 151 a few nights ago for our 4 yr business anniversary - it was ok, nothing outstanding. But I'm gonna go back and check our accounts just in case!

Old 10-10-2008, 04:37 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,023,611 times
I didn't know that about the tips. It'll be difficult to remember to carry around cash, but I'm all about helping the employees out more than the business. I like to use coupons to cut down on the cost of the meal, but always tip off the original amount.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:03 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,888,454 times
I have some bad news for some of you. (good for others) I noticed they have extended the route for VIA almost all the way down to Potranco and 1604 however they already have the signs with those benches built into them awaiting the number sign all the way to the light. This is going to ruin the road plus cause more traffic headaches!!! There is a stop right after the valero going east which is the dumbest place to put a sign considering the traffic is bad at that one part for people stopping to get gas etc.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:43 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,023,611 times
so typical, development/construction without thinking. I totally avoid Potranco anymore, except in the early (5:30ish AM) morning and I cross over it at Grossenbacher when I drive home.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:34 AM

604 posts, read 995,362 times
So does anyone know yet what is being built accross from the Walmart at 1604 and Potranco?

Old 10-15-2008, 05:46 AM

48 posts, read 86,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
So does anyone know yet what is being built accross from the Walmart at 1604 and Potranco?
I've been wanting to ask that myself.. hmmm I thought maybe a gas station? But I'm sure I just might be wrong...

Old 10-15-2008, 06:01 AM

604 posts, read 995,362 times
Well, my husband bets its a gas station as well. But I am thinking- the way it usually goes- we need another storage place--right?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:19 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,446,093 times
Well, I know there is supposed to be a lot of development that way. I'm hoping they are starting on the Spectrum that has been promised to us when we signed up!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,732,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
Well, my husband bets its a gas station as well. But I am thinking- the way it usually goes- we need another storage place--right?
Maybe we can get a storage facility that has a nail place in it? Boy, wouldn't that be handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio