U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-18-2008, 09:40 PM

3,823 posts, read 9,226,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
There are (well, at least there were--I haven't paid much attention to it lately) signs on the building that say SAWS.

Me for one can do without something else going up at Potranco/151. I have a heck of a time getting out of my community and it's just going to get worse as things get built. I have had too many near misses and people love to use Potranco as the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
If needed, couldn't you go to Wolf Point and then west to Dugas and south to Potranco where there is a signal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I went past that building tonight and it looks like there's plywood on all of the doors and windows, so I'm not sure if SAWS is using it for something. I just thought that would be an ideal place for the Spectrum...it would probably be easier to get in and out of for us at least!
Last I heard was that SAWS is using it for storage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-19-2008, 12:42 AM

3,060 posts, read 4,649,415 times
I've seen SAWS vehicles there now and then - I do believe it's a storage building now.

I'm stoked about Spectrum. A 5-10 minute drive down Potranco is much better than driving to Bandera...

Unread 10-19-2008, 07:56 AM

1,271 posts, read 2,259,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
If needed, couldn't you go to Wolf Point and then west to Dugas and south to Potranco where there is a signal?
That's what I've been doing lately. There are mornings where it can add about 10 minutes to my commute because of all the backed up traffic. And that light has had some problems lately. Twice last week, I sat there for 10 minutes while all the other traffic was allowed to go 4-5 times and our light never changed. I doubt it was the driver in the front didn't "trip" the signal, as both lanes were backed up with about 15-20 cars. And that isn't the only problem. Coming off of 151 at Ingram/Potranco is not fun most times/days either.

And with the addition of what's apparently going to be buses because of the bus stops down Potranco that have appeared...things are going to get worse.

Unread 10-19-2008, 03:51 PM

3,823 posts, read 9,226,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
That's what I've been doing lately. There are mornings where it can add about 10 minutes to my commute because of all the backed up traffic. And that light has had some problems lately. Twice last week, I sat there for 10 minutes while all the other traffic was allowed to go 4-5 times and our light never changed. I doubt it was the driver in the front didn't "trip" the signal, as both lanes were backed up with about 15-20 cars. And that isn't the only problem. Coming off of 151 at Ingram/Potranco is not fun most times/days either.

And with the addition of what's apparently going to be buses because of the bus stops down Potranco that have appeared...things are going to get worse.
Sorry to hear about that signal. Would calling 311 to report the signal problems help? Their is one more way out of your area, and that would be to take Wolf Point to Springhouse Street (north) and then Thomas York Blvd to Classic Drive to SH151 access road. Google Maps shows the streets are connected, but I'm not sure as I thought the older housing area next to the miniature golf course was a gated community.

Unread 10-19-2008, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the tip. That would take me back rather than forward (I go to Lackland). Would be an option if things got really bad, but the problem is at Springhouse there is a gate so you can't go through there. Looks like the other end of that community there's another gate at Thomas York and Classic. Mapquest shows that when you first get on to Springhouse from Wolf Point, Springhouse ends and then begins immediately after--that's where the gate is and it's a permanent gate (doesn't open or close from what I could tell).

If things start to get worse than they are now, I just might look at taking Dugas up to Military and coming down 151.

Unread 10-20-2008, 05:21 AM

13,803 posts, read 17,232,792 times
If you work on Lackland just go in early, like around 6:00 AM. I got here around 5:45 AM and there was nothing except some dork in a Silverado getting on westbound 90 from 1604 at about 35 MPH. I have no idea what his problem was and he of course almost caused several accidents.

Unread 10-20-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
If you work on Lackland just go in early, like around 6:00 AM. I got here around 5:45 AM and there was nothing except some dork in a Silverado getting on westbound 90 from 1604 at about 35 MPH. I have no idea what his problem was and he of course almost caused several accidents.
Unfortunately, those hours are not an option for my office. And I'm not going in to work 2 hours early just to beat traffic.

Unread 10-20-2008, 11:17 AM

13,803 posts, read 17,232,792 times
oh, you have to go in at 8:00 AM?

I'd quit and look for a different job
That's probably about the worst time possible and I feel sorry for ya.

Unread 10-20-2008, 12:13 PM

1,131 posts, read 721,456 times
Does anyone think the Spectrum could be going in at Monterrey Village? Or for sure it's going it at 151 and Potranco?

Unread 10-20-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
oh, you have to go in at 8:00 AM?

I'd quit and look for a different job
That's probably about the worst time possible and I feel sorry for ya.
No need to feel sorry for me. I'm quite content in my job and where I work, and the hours (7:30-4:30) are more conducive for me being able to get my kids ready for school and getting home at a decent time in the afternoon for them. Haha...easier said than done when it comes to looking for a different job with DoD. Unfortunately there are not very many jobs that offer the work hours you work. And considering it took me 2 years to get back to working for the Air Force (was with the Army), I'll keep the job I have thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio