U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 05:45 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,358,843 times

Advertisements

They need to work on adding about 10 more lanes of road. That intersection is going to be more of a nightmare than it already is. We'll soon have our own "left turn hell" as a former coworker of mine calls the 281/1604 intersection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 07:47 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,442,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
This is sort of Potranco/151 news. I saw yesterday that there were bulldozers and construction crews in the area right before Bigz (Pot./151) on the right hand side. I wonder if they are starting on that Monterrey village??? Oh I hope so, I know there's a spectrum coming soon!!!
They've been in that area off and on for the last several months even while Big's was being built. There used to be a sign (like last year) that a storage place was going to be built. Not sure if that's still in the works. Really I have no idea what's going on....but they can delay anymore construction in that area and I'd be okay with it.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:52 AM

14,628 posts, read 31,233,146 times
A storage place. I have my own--they're called closets. If it don't fit in my closet, I don't need it. Hell, half the stuff, scratch that, 2/3 of the stuff in my closet needs to go away. But I am part gypsy, so I'm always thinking about having to pack that junk up when I move again. Even though we're probably staying put, unless we find ourselves with friends in a soup line.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 AM

732 posts, read 3,367,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
A storage place. I have my own--they're called closets. If it don't fit in my closet, I don't need it. Hell, half the stuff, scratch that, 2/3 of the stuff in my closet needs to go away. But I am part gypsy, so I'm always thinking about having to pack that junk up when I move again. Even though we're probably staying put, unless we find ourselves with friends in a soup line.

Haha, Sapphire....you're just like me! I can fit my life into 2 suitcases and be ready to move at a moment's notice! It's my husband that's the packrat.....

Old 11-12-2008, 09:04 AM

11,943 posts, read 12,840,083 times
I'm going to start a new business. I will rent you a storage unit with a dumpster at the end. You put it in the storage unit, it goes to the dumpster!! Most of the time when you put something in storage, your saying I don't really need or want this anymore.

I keep trying to get hubby to put one at the end of the attic for the same reason.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:52 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,358,843 times
I'm going to rent one of those dumpsters from Home Depot and do some serious weight loss surgery to my house.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:27 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,442,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
That's hilarious sapphire. My mom used to always tell me I was dropped off by the gypsies (I was born in Turkey).

But...I am soooo with you. If I haven't used it in a year...out it goes to Goodwill or a friend. Heck, I just gave away a ton of Little Tykes toys to a friend. Some things I will keep---sentimental things like my wedding dress, some of the kids' baby clothes, stuff that was handmade for them as a baby, etc.

Unfortunately my husband doesn't subscribe to that idea...which is why I have 5 boxes of comic books from 30+ years ago on my side of the closet.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:20 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,344,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
They've been in that area off and on for the last several months even while Big's was being built. There used to be a sign (like last year) that a storage place was going to be built. Not sure if that's still in the works. Really I have no idea what's going on....but they can delay anymore construction in that area and I'd be okay with it.
I've never seen them there before. There are all of those trees there so I'm not sure how they could have worked there for several months, what were they doing that whole time??? As a matter of fact, I saw their construction vehicles going around the trees..maybe this time they won't knock them all down??? I saw down the road that the Freddies is coming along...slowly. Also, when are they opening the Egg and I??? Geez!

Another thing, Sazon cafe is going to start serving breakfast on Sundays in December! This is good because their breakfast is REALLY good and cheap! Three of us ate there the other morning for $13! Not bad!

Old 11-13-2008, 05:46 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,344,293 times
This is weird. I was looking up Potranco Market again just to see if there was anything new. Looks like this might be new info...

http://www.theretailconnection.net/uploaded/property/20080729150405899.pdf (broken link)

I can see an Ashley Furniture, Best Buy, Costco, and Spectrum at the Pot/1604 area. The other day they told me that Spectrum was going to be at 151 and Potranco. I wish someone would just come out with were it's REALLY going to be!

Old 11-13-2008, 08:17 AM

51 posts, read 114,432 times
That Potranco Market stuff can't be too new - the Christus Santa Rosa on 151 is still marked as "future" and the Alamo Ranch Shopping Center isn't in there at all, it's marked as residential lots (if I read that right).
The Costco I'd be all over, but do we really need another Lowe's and another Best Buy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio