U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 AM

13,805 posts, read 19,023,611 times

Advertisements

A Lowes, Home Depot, and Best Buy @ 1604/Potranco would be a dream come true. They can close the ones at 1604/Culebra for all I care. The sorta convenient location is offset by awful traffic at the times I would usually want to visit one of those places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,446,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabseH View Post
That Potranco Market stuff can't be too new - the Christus Santa Rosa on 151 is still marked as "future" and the Alamo Ranch Shopping Center isn't in there at all, it's marked as residential lots (if I read that right).
The Costco I'd be all over, but do we really need another Lowe's and another Best Buy?
I don't know if it's new or not, but I've never seen that map of the area before. So, I'm not sure where it came from. Plus, looks like the Spectrum moved from the corner, to closer inside the strip mall. My husband also said he heard on the news that they are going to start on widening Potranco outside of 1604. That road is going to be in some people's backyards practically!!! I hope they start on the road before they start on the other buildings though. What a mess!

Old 11-13-2008, 05:10 PM

1,131 posts, read 829,769 times
That site plan of Potranco Market is from 12/14/07. So almost one year ago.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
That site plan of Potranco Market is from 12/14/07. So almost one year ago.
Actually, I'm not counting on Potranco Market EVER coming around, so I'm not holding my breath. Also, the movie theater...that's a laugh!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:02 PM

I was going down Potranco today, Freddies Frozen Custard looks like it should be opening any day/week now. It is REALLY getting completed, they even have the tables outside. Across the street in that new shopping center is a sign up that says "Kennedys Chicago Pizza coming soon". So, ANOTHER pizza place! Hopefully this one will be really good (like Romes).

Also, I don't know what is going on with Spectrum. Asked again and they said it's a no go at Potranco. I'm ready to switch if another gym with good child care comes around!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:17 PM

13,743 posts, read 5,487,224 times
I'll be home at my parents in SA next month after being away for 8 or 9 months...it's always a nice surprise to see all the new things on the drive back to the house. Sorry to read that Potranco Market is still a no-go...I was excited to see the signs up this past March on my last visit. And I've about given up on ever seeing that Santiko's theater opening up at Potranco.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
I'll be home at my parents in SA next month after being away for 8 or 9 months...it's always a nice surprise to see all the new things on the drive back to the house. Sorry to read that Potranco Market is still a no-go...I was excited to see the signs up this past March on my last visit. And I've about given up on ever seeing that Santiko's theater opening up at Potranco.
haha...me too! Though, doesn't it make sense that they put a theater there to serve ALL of the people in that area. Especially being so close to 90 and all. They are teasing us and it's not very nice!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:34 PM

3,060 posts, read 5,061,744 times
The Egg and I should be opening soon. No other businesses moving into those buildings yet (that I could tell)....

Old 11-21-2008, 02:45 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,023,611 times
Authentic Chicago style pizza would be a welcome addition. I haven't been to Rome's yet and the other pizza places are getting pretty old. I pretty much only go to Papa John's any more. Is that the Egg and I by 151/410 you're talking about gw?
I definitely can't wait for Freddy's to open. For anyone that hasn't tried it, it's VERY good.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:36 PM

3,823 posts, read 10,063,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I was going down Potranco today, Freddies Frozen Custard looks like it should be opening any day/week now. It is REALLY getting completed, they even have the tables outside. Across the street in that new shopping center is a sign up that says "Kennedys Chicago Pizza coming soon". So, ANOTHER pizza place! Hopefully this one will be really good (like Romes). ...
Maybe they'll put up a REALLY NICE nail place in the same shopping center???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio