Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 01:25 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
vote for me for mayor and graffiti will be gone, so will the "artists".. you'll be able to find them about 6 feet under..
Only if you create a task force that is allowed to beat people senseless when the need arises, on the spot! I'll do that. You don't even have to pay me. (well, in ammo or baseball bats...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 02:33 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
sure, no problem. just provide a vague reason as to why you beat them and I'll be down with it. A simple yellow sticky stating they were driving in the left lane for no reason is a good one

anyhow.. I went to EYETEX and it definitely was expensive.. I tried on every pair and none were the right fit, so now I have to decide if I can handle contacts. It would be nice to have something that isn't glasses, because I really can't stand glasses, but I also hate the idea of placing something on my actual eye, on purpose.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:55 PM

3 posts, read 8,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
That's EXACTLY the question I always want to ask! spiceyhaRnett21 ~ have you lived in SA very long? Where exactly do your friends live who are calling the area "ghetto"? Stone Oak? Alamo Heights? The Dominion? Boerne? Fair Oaks Ranch? I'm honestly perplexed as to where this rumor about the area being "ghetto" originates from. (Cause honestly, we've heard it before and it drives us crazy.)

Not at all flaming you (well, maybe your friends! ), but because we have such a large military presence (both active duty and retired), to me it's a little insulting to our nation's finest when people characterize theses folk's chosen home as "ghetto". Just my opinion.

Oh! And, it's NOT ghetto! (almost forgot to answer the question ) We've lived in the area for about 5 years, and it's "HOME"!

Good luck.
right now i live what is called "intercity" now, inside 410 and ingram and i've lived there for 20 years and only in the past 5 years it started to get new neighbors who like to paint their house a crazy color orange (ugh) and have living room furniture in the front yard (ugh again), plus with the construction on 410/bandera (thanks to my fiance/he's the project manager there, fyi, it'll be done by april if anyone is wondering) it totally sucks

and the friends i'm talking about live between culebra/1604 to new guilbeau/1604

i like potranco and it's a nice area, and i noticed about that "movie theater" going to be built like 2 years ago or something like that but i don't see why they need the delay, even if we are in a recession, a lot of money goes to movie theaters, people love movies = more cash spent.

i know the commute is going to suck cause i work by stone oak but they need to make 1604 a complete highway and get rid of those damn lights! haha

Old 01-31-2009, 07:24 PM

If I ever say I'm going to Double Dave's again, someone please stop me. I went there today and it was beyond disappointing. The price is now $9.90 per person and the quality of the pizza and salad is far below Cici's if you ask me and they are half the price. There was also no clean tables and it was so loud from the TV and the people. The worst part was some stupid lady stole my roll of paper towels when I went up to get some salad. She saw me sitting there, but obviously didn't care. I got her back when I left, but I'll keep that to myself because it wasn't mature and it wasn't nice at all. It was better than what I was going to do, though...

Old 01-31-2009, 07:30 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times
Quote:
If I ever say I'm going to Double Dave's again, someone please stop me. I went there today and it was beyond disappointing. The price is now $9.90 per person and the quality of the pizza and salad is far below Cici's if you ask me and they are half the price. There was also no clean tables and it was so loud from the TV and the people. The worst part was some stupid lady stole my roll of paper towels when I went up to get some salad. She saw me sitting there, but obviously didn't care. I got her back when I left, but I'll keep that to myself because it wasn't mature and it wasn't nice at all. It was better than what I was going to do, though...
Im not a big pizza fan, but I always liked Mr. Gatti's Buffets better than Cici's, or Double Daves. Are there any around here that aren't just delivery, or take out?

Old 01-31-2009, 07:34 PM

The Double Dave's on Blanco in Castle HIlls is really good. I was so excited to see them open one here, but it is not even the same place at all. The DD's on Potranco is garbage for people that just want a lot of food. Absolutely no quality at all.
The Pizza Hut on SW Military by South Park Mall has an outstanding lunch buffet. I get full off just a few pieces because I'm savoring and enjoying the taste. The DD's tonight just made me wonder if I could make it home in time...

Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
We ate at Incredible Pizza today. What a mess. Kid's bday party, so we got an hour of free playtime, which was fun. Food was ok, dessert was good. People are idiots.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:46 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Hey rd, don't go to Chick-Fil-A at AR on Wed night. Local elementary school doing their fundraiser there. Trust me, you do NOT wanna be there! (I don't wanna be there, but I got to. )

Am I getting old, or what? My daughter's birthday is in a coupla weeks. I need to plan a birthday party for her, like YESTERDAY! But I can't stand the thought of 20-30 running, screaming, crazed 6-7 years running thru my house. Or WAY worse yet, going to Chuck E's or Mr. Gatti's or Incredible or.......... Ugh!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa............ <meltdown moment>

Old 01-31-2009, 07:53 PM

20 or 30 kids? screw that!
My kids usually got to invite maybe 3 or 4 of their friends, depending on if the other sibling wanted to go (the cars would only hold 5 and I surely wasn't going to go )

Old 01-31-2009, 08:14 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
20 or 30 kids? screw that!

Bwahahahahaha!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio