Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 12:30 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times

Advertisements

if he is under 18, it doesn't matter if it was a hot woman or an ugly guy, that's still illegal (obviously that doesn't matter now that wellguy posted his age ). and I would think a business would have rules on not hitting on customers, especially if it is same-sex.. It would've been real ugly real fast if that would've happened to me or my kid. I'll have to leave it at that because my opinions will get this post deleted..
and as far as that neighborhood, wah freaking wah. They took away my left turn too (the Westcreek Oaks mentioned earlier), so now I go to 1604 and make a u-turn or go to the Military exit and make a left turn. Things change and you need to deal with them, not screw up things for everyone else. There is really no excuse why someone couldn't have drove to Marbach and made a u-turn. It's not like it's 5 miles down the road or anything. Obviously someone in that neighborhood has some pull and somehow got that through. I can't see anyone with half a brain approving it as a logical decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 12:35 PM

314 posts, read 832,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
If I were a horses ass
No to be rude but sounds like that train may have already left the station...threatening to call the state and that you have "friends up there".

Old 07-19-2009, 12:40 PM

I think he meant he would've taken advantage of his Constitutional freedom of expression on the whatever it was..

Old 07-19-2009, 01:13 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,106 times
Thank you rd2007.

Well I guess mentioning all that helped. Two calls came in right after the other. One from the Owner and the other from the Manager. Our Son is going to get his money back (not mine), his hair cut fixed and several free cuts (at the Culebra location), along with many apologies. I told them both that it is not their fault (I know they are responsible for their empoyees actions but they did not make the comments) but they will talk to the indiviual. It appears that he /she has offendesd several other men both young and old.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:52 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,078 times
Well, having dealt with similar issues w/ my minor daughter wellguy...I understand where you're coming from and commend you for making the calls to the owner and manager (regardless of your son's age). Sorry, but that kind of behavior toward customers is really over the line--I don't care how old the customer is. Good for you for standing up and not tolerating the behavior. The person's gender, sexual preference etc--doesn't matter--it was uncalled for and certainly crossed the line.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:55 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,106 times
Thank you for understanding

Old 07-19-2009, 02:44 PM

so any progress on the Shipley's? I saw the health department score for the Wurzbach store and it wasn't impressive.. Restaurant Scores For Week Of July 6 - San Antonio News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/news/20016157/detail.html - broken link)
hopefully this one will be better managed.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,994 times
Like I said before, I hope this one has better hours than the one on Bandera Rd. The owners there seem to operate on a schedule convenient for them, not the customers.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Thank you rd2007.

Well I guess mentioning all that helped. Two calls came in right after the other. One from the Owner and the other from the Manager. Our Son is going to get his money back (not mine), his hair cut fixed and several free cuts (at the Culebra location), along with many apologies. I told them both that it is not their fault (I know they are responsible for their empoyees actions but they did not make the comments) but they will talk to the indiviual. It appears that he /she has offendesd several other men both young and old.
Maybe there was a camera and they're filming Bruno II there.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:15 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debirdsrt4 View Post
1604 was only 2 lanes when we built our house and we had a crossover then when they made it 4 lanes they took our crossover away. thats why txdot is making the light to give us what they took away from us a long time ago.
The amount of time spent waiting for the light to change so folks can turn north onto 1604 may be a little shorter than the time spent going south to the turnaround, but at the expense of everyone else on the road? Ridiculous in my mind.

Those crossovers are dangerous. I can't tell you how many times I've had to hit my brakes because the idiot going across the road obviously mistimed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio